Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Length of Contract: 6 months (Renewable)
Report to: Nurse Team Supervisor
Report to (functional) :Nurse Team Supervisor / Nurse Activity Manager
Number of Places: 04
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
- Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population
- Supervise and train nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Promote, implement and following-up the universal hygiene standards, protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene in MSF working environment.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures.
- Identify Sexually Gender-Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive necessary treatment.
- Ensure patients are properly received and that lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
- Monitor patients admissions, surveillance and follow-up’s.(i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency or deterioration.
- Carry out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert the supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Essential – recognized Nurse Degree / Diploma. Desirable Bachelor’s in science of Nursing
- Desirable – 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in MSF or another NGO’s Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
- Essential – English. Hausa, Kanuri desirable.
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2
According to the OCBA salary grid-scale (National contract)
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.