Standard Bearers School (SBS) was established at a time when the educational system in Nigeria was going through a difficult phase.
SBS is a family school that offers holistic education to parents seeking a technology driven, 21st century education for their children. We are lifelong learners who belong to a community where all individuals are valued and supported on their journey to self- discovery.
At SBS, we are committed to giving our students a solid foundation and an excellent start to life. Hence, we encourage and guide them to become independent, confident and responsible members of the community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursery 1 & Grade 1 Teacher
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Organizing and supervising play and work activities (for example reading, music, playtime, and circle). Developing and implementing lessons and work schemes, using the Early Years Foundation Stage as a framework.
- Liaising with parents, guardians, school administrator, and phonologist. Providing a safe and stimulating environment that facilitates learning time, dancing maintaining records.
- Coordinate with other first grade teachers to maintain consistency in curriculum.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional ideas according to school standards.
- Use different assessment methods to evaluate student progress, their academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Candidates must be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
- Candidates must possess first Degree preferably in Education and the relevant teaching subject (B.Sc. Ed/B.Ed./PGCE).
- Candidates with Masters Degrees in Education have an advantage.
- Candidates with teaching experience in an international school environment are preferred.
- Must be an enthusiastic, imaginative and energetic individual capable of gaining the full potential from each child.
- Must be computer savvy, well-groomed with the use of Microsoft Teams, Zoom and other learning platforms
- Candidate must possess jolly phonics certification.
- Candidates must possess at least 2-5 years of cognate experience.
- Possess above average writing and oral skills with excellent interpersonal, organizational and team skills.
- Candidate must be committed to helping children learn effectively in a secured environment.
- Teacher must have good writing and oral skills as this will be tested.
- Candidate must be able to build children’s vocabulary.
- Prospective candidates must be highly motivated.
- Individuals with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring pupils to love learning and excel in all subject areas.
- Responsibility, Adaptability, Patience, Resourcefulness, Creativity and a good sense of humor.
- Must be warm towards children.
- A Disciplined and good listener.
Deadline: 25th February, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter