Chabash Development and Health Initiative (CDHI) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 85190). Existing since March 2016, CDHI focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. CDHI operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its programme principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
CDHI will implement Prevention and treatment of moderate acute malnutrition (MAM) amongst children 6-59 months and Pregnant and Lactating Women through integrated community-based approach using Tom Brown local solution in Affected communities of Michika and Madagali LGAs of Adamawa state, with funding from Nigerian Humanitarian Fund (NHF) – 2021 1st standard allocation.
We are currently looking for the right candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Location: Michika, Madagali – Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 1 year
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the delivery of the nutrition activities at the field level and provide technical support to HWs and CNMs
- Supporting targeting of beneficiaries; formation and establishment of Care groups; selection of community volunteers and members of community structures.
- Through liaison with the community volunteers provide effective follow up of all cases: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the program, sick children, long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems… etc.
- Provide key health and nutrition education messages to beneficiaries based on the protocol and guidelines.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission.
- Follow-up and ensure CNMs interact with the beneficiaries properly.
- Provide a daily and weekly CMAM report to the nutrition officer.
- Documents lessons learned in specific technical areas.
- Work closely with care group promoters and lead mothers to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the community to health facilities.
- Work closely with CNMs to ensure all children are screened correctly.
- Ensure comprehensive health checks and correct clinical diagnosis at the time of assessment according to the CMAM protocols so that the patient receives appropriate treatment in the relevant program.
- Ensure timely identification of complications, non-responders, and referrals to the SC.
- Ensure correctness, consistence, and completeness of the information in the nutrition registers.
- Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics.
- The Nutrition Assistant WILL be based in Michika/Madagali.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Community Health or other relevant field.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in implementing CMAM, IYCF, and other community-based nutrition activities. Experience in MAM treatment using Tom Brown approach is desirable.
- Ability to speak local languages in Michika and Madagali LGAs will be an added advantage.
- Have previous NGO experience managing mobilization in different interventions (i.e. CBT, WASH, Nutrition) preferably.
- Be committed to Action the CDHI’s mission, values, and policies.
- Master’s degree in relevant fields; Nutrition, Public Health, Community Health will be an added advantage
- Be proficient in the use of computer applications (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Have excellent team, project management and representation competencies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to Apply
Application Deadline 7th January, 2022.