Chabash development and Health Initiative (CDHI) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 85190). Existing since March 2016, CDHI focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. CDHI operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its programme principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
CDHI will implement Prevention and treatment of moderate acute malnutrition (MAM) amongst children 6-59 months and Pregnant and Lactating Women through integrated community-based approach using Tom Brown local solution in Affected communities of Michika and Madagali LGAs of Adamawa state, with funding from Nigerian Humanitarian Fund (NHF) – 2021 1st standard allocation.
We are currently looking for the right candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Project Manager
Location: Michika, Madagali – Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 1 year
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct/update situation analysis of the nutrition situation for the development, design, and management of nutrition related programs/projects.
- Update tracking tool to monitor programme screening based data on acute malnutrition, collect health facility-based disease surveillance reports and update morbidity reporting tool for assigned health facilities/LGAs.
- Participate with M&E team in supervision of data collection for nutrition and health assessments.
- Liaise with nutrition and health assistants for accessing community support group database, health facility database on a regular basis and updating overall health facility-based activities.
- Facilitate quarterly review meetings/workshops with respective government health managers at State/LGA level.
- Regularly report and coordinate with line supervisor regarding challenges, issues faced in the field for timely and appropriate decision-making.
- Ensure regular contact with SMoH service providers and LGA health authorities to receive service delivery report in a timely manner.
- Conduct ongoing capacity assessment of health workers on CMAM services delivery, reproductive health service delivery, vaccination etc. and review the training needs and/or coaching needs.
- Support the SNO/NE Nutrition sector in organizing LGA based coordination meeting.
- The Nutrition Project Manager WILL be based in Michika.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, community health or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in implementing CMAM, IYCF, and other community-based nutrition activities. Experience in MAM treatment using Tom Brown approach is desirable.
- Fluent in English and Hausa languages.
- Have previous NGO experience managing mobilization in different interventions (i.e. CBT, WASH, Nutrition) preferably.
- Be committed to Action the CDHI’s mission, values, and policies.
- Master’s degree in relevant fields; Nutrition, Public Health, Community Health will be an added advantage
- Be proficient in the use of computer applications (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Have excellent leadership, coordination, team, budget, project management and representation competencies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to Apply
Application Deadline 7th January, 2022.