GiveDirectly (GD) aims to reshape international giving – and millions of lives – by providing cash grants directly to the world’s poorest. The Brookings Institution estimates that $70B of cash transfers would be required to eliminate the poverty gap; the aid sector currently spends $135B each year, much of it on evidence-free interventions. GiveDirectly wants to change that, establishing cash transfers as a benchmark for foreign aid – as the index fund is a benchmark for the financial industry – and in the process accelerating the end of extreme poverty.
GD has raised over $700M since launching in 2011, delivered cash to more than 1 million people, and launched offices in 10 countries. We’ve also supported large-scale, experimental research that indicates strong recipient impact of our programs. As a result, GD has been celebrated as one of the most innovative non-profit companies by Fast Company, while the growing cash transfer movement (and GD’s leading role within it) have been featured in the New York Times Magazine, This American Life, Foreign Affairs, and The Economist.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Administrative Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Program Manager
About this Role
- The Office Administrative Manager will be responsible for managing core office and administrative functions.
- The OA will play an important role in managing the country office by procuring inventory and supplies and sourcing multiple offices, helping to implement systems, and providing administrative leverage to the management team.
- The role will reward exceptional organizational skills, rapid problem-solving for a range of logistical challenges, and a deep interest in building GiveDirectly’s culture and organizational reach.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in initial procurement of inventory and supplies
- Assist management team with the implementation of procurement policy
- Coordinate with vendors on delivery, repair, and maintenance of procured supplies (including equipment used by our field officers and mobile phones used by our recipients).
- Maintain a record of all GD property, and make replacement recommendations
- Enforce protocols on staff handling / tracking of GD property and overall adherence to safe-storage policies
- Maintain insurance coverage for phones and other valuable inventory.
Office Security and Maintenance:
- Source for field office locations as needed
- Oversee steady-state office upkeep, including liaising with the landlord for maintenance fixes and groundskeeping
- Manage security guard services at project office and liaise with security providers to insure maximum use of their services to provide adequate security and safety
- Ensure that all office equipment is stored safely.
Misc. Logistics/Admin Support:
- Manage mobile-money / petty-cash accounts and track expenditures in an organized, detailed, and verifiable manner
- Oversee coordination for high-priority visitors
- Provide management team with personal travel and admin support.
- Remit miscellaneous payments to vendors and staff as necessary
- Assist with ad hoc logistical tasks to ensure smooth running of office functions and team events (retreat set-up, internet breaks, etc.)
What You’ll Bring
- Alignment with GiveDirectly Values and active demonstration of our core competencies:
- Emotional intelligence, problem solving, project management, follow-through, and fostering inclusivity. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from candidates who have personal or professional experience in the low-income and/or historically marginalized communities that we serve.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant professional field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong ownership mindset and ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and team-player mentality.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the role of Office Administrator
- Excellent fluency in English, written and spoken. Knowledge of at least 1 local language is a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
Why Work at GiveDirectly?
At GiveDirectly, we work to ensure that you have everything you need to excel in your role and on your team, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement
- A demonstrated commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary.
- At GiveDirectly, we strive to pay our employees generously and equitably. We use an accredited third party salary aggregator to ensure that staff’s total compensation package (base compensation + bonus) falls within the 75th percentile of similar roles, at similar organizations.
- We also have a no negotiation policy to ensure we are paying staff equitably across roles.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply