Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant – Biu
Job ID: 210003IS
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Permanent
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Office and also provide needed office support.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Dispose dirt inside the waste basket and dustbin daily
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Wet-wipe window ledges.
- Assist with photocopying and scanning of documents as directed.
- Update stock bin cards as directed.
- Assist to photocopy and scan documents are required.
- Stay at the Front Desk to attend to visitors as directed.
- Report any damage or fault noticed within the premises or on furniture, equipment and supplies to your Line Manager.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants every hour.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Support in movement of heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Wash kitchen utensils and make sure the kitchen surface is always neat, clean and dry
- Ensures no plates, cups or utensils are left over the night in the kitchen sink.
- Remove cobwebs.
- Sweep the compound
- Wet-wipe and polish all high-level shelves.
- Other – Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum level of Education – SSCE
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Good
- Use of Office equipment; desktop/laptop, scanner etc. – Good
- Use of cleaning equipment and materials – Good
- Language Requirements – English – Good
- Desire Minimum Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2 years.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary
Application Deadline 28th May, 2021.