Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant – Facility / Vehicle Management
Reports To: HR / Admin Associate
Scope of the Position
Under the direct supervision of the HR/Admin Associate, the Office Assistant-Facility / Vehicle Management will serve as a Facility Supervisor and Maintenance Personnel for the Country Office oprations management.
The Office Assistant-Facility / Vehicle Management will work closely with the HR / Admin Associate to:
- Document staff requests for repairs. Maintain and update repair and maintenance logs
- Manage water and electricity bills and payments and follow up on issues related to electricity and water supply for prompt settlement.
- Responsible for following up with Water Board, borehole issues or PHCN whenever there is any disconnection on supply.
- Follow up with the HR/Admin Coordinator on any structural damage to the building and facilities for onward transmission to the Landlord.
- Report and manage maintenance of air conditioners and ensure that all ACs are always in good working condition.
- Check on on the daily performance of the Cleaners and other facilities related issues. Ensure that the office and surroundings are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Supervise all repairs and maintenance done after working hours and at weekends.
- Maintain up-to-date tracking sheet for drivers’ biannual test, driving licenses for drivers, vehicle maintenance/repairs and vehicle papers.
- Ensure the correctness and completeness of drivers ‘vehicle logs. Maintain fuel tracer and other logs
- Ensure the required servicing of the office generating set and attend to its repairs. Maintain servicing logs for generator, ACs and dispensers.
- Prepare all required documents for repairs and follow up with Procurement for prompt repairs by Artisans (Plumber, Electrician, and others). Supervise any job done by artisans to ascertain its completeness and document in job completion records Ensure all the repairs and maintenances are maintained on excel tracking sheet. Work closely with Country Office cleaners to ensure that toiletries are always available in the conveniences.
- Other tasks that may be assigned by the Supervisor or Operations unit.
Qualifications / Experience
- University Degree preferred.
- Significant Inventory and office management experience.
- Analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Skills in Excel Spreadsheets, as well as Word. Comfortable in a Windows PC environment.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
Terms & Conditions:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Cover Letter and Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title and the Location as the subject of the mail.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- There is no relocation allowance for this role.
Application Deadline 18th February, 2022.