Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant – Inventory Management
Reports To: Porcurement / Logistcs Officer
Scope of the Position
- Under the direct supervision of the Procurement / Logistics Officer, the Office Assistant-Inventory / Asset Management will support the overall management and control of expendable and non-expendable Helen Keller Nigeria assets on Asset Panda, assets disposal and keeping records of all asset’s movement and transfers on Asset Panda and other inventory documents.
- The Office Assistant-Inventory / Asset Management works in close collaboration with the Operations Teams in the Country Office and FAOs, FAAs and Logistics Associates/Officer in all Helen Keller Project States to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery on asset management.
- Receiving, inspecting and verification of all incoming equipment, furniture and supplies and scheduling deliveries to users.
- Tagging all equipment upon receipt from the supplier and update asset panda accordingly.
- “Capitalization” of appropriate items in accordance with Helen Keller asset management policy governing asset classes.
- Supervises the receipt of outgoing or incoming materials, parts, consumables, and stationeries. Suggests improvements to distribution procedures and acts to improve timeliness or reduce costs. Create and update regularly an excel sheet to manage all property/asset with less than $200 in value and track/update all movement of assets on asset panda/excel sheet regularly.
- Keep track of location of all equipment and furniture for country office, including movement between offices and states by updating the asset panda and other inventory records
- Keep all relevant information including, which project the property belongs, price, make, model, location, user, condition, etc.
- Develop forms used to manage consumable inventory
- Support to the annual physical asset verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of all Helen Keller asset. conduct pre-asset count before the yearly verification exercise.
- Preparation of inventory reports as required.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Manages inventory of materials, parts, consumables, stationeries and frequently used IT tools. Maintains records and alerts supervisor to replenish stock.
- Performs activities to monitor and maintain inventory control of stores or materials. Evaluates inventory levels, reorder quantity etc and notifies admin/technical staff when reorders are necessary.
- Perform any other functions as may be required by the operations unit.
- University Degree in Business Management or Accounting or related Degrees.
- 2 – 4 years related experience in similar position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Computer literacy with advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail
Terms & Conditions:
- This is a local posting in Nigeria, and as such, is subject to local terms and conditions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Cover Letter and Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title and the Location as the subject of the mail.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- There is no relocation allowance for this role
Application Deadline 18th February, 2022.