GUS Consulting Limited – Our client, an Oil and Gas company operating offshore Nigeria, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Offshore Laboratory Technician – Crude Oil
- Conduct laboratory analysis to determine the density of crude oil using a hydrometer and densitometer.
- Determine the Reid vapor pressure of crude oil using gauge bombs.
- Conduct the analysis of ion concentration of effluent water using a spectrophotometer.
- Determine the oil, grease, and total petroleum hydrocarbon content of effluent water.
- Conduct salinity test, total dissolved solids, dissolved oxygen, conductivity, and pH of produced water before discharge.
- Conduct crude oil assay for barging-in and export operations.
- Determine the pour and the cloud point of crude oil using automated and manual methods.
- Determine the sulphur and salt contents of crude oil using automated machines.
- Determine the BS&W in crude oil using dean and stark and centrifuge machine.
- Determine crude oil quality.
- B.Sc / HND or Tertiary Education qualification in any Engineering field.
- Minimum of 3 years post NYSC work experience in a similar or related role within the oil & gas industry.
Key Attributes & Skills:
- Work experience in the oil & gas with necessary documents to work offshore such as BOSIET.
- Offshore work experience of a production platform / FSO/ FPSO is an added advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills – The ability to prepare and deliver presentations is essential.
- Good knowledge of MS Office apps such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Result oriented and proactive.
- Must be a team player.
- Relevant training in Gas Chromatography, Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy, etc are added advantage.
- This role requires practical hands-on experience in the field and a good understanding of relevant industry practices, codes, and standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Offshore Laboratory Technician” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Due to volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 7th May, 2021.