Colton Industries is a diversified group with interest in manufacturing, construction, technology transfer consultancy, ICT, Construction chemicals and intermediate industrial chemical.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Candidate must have good knowledge of the construction industry, project management, good communication skills, business development and strategic thinking. 2-5 years experience relevant experience.
- To manage the whole project life cycle from negotiation phase to delivery phase including health, safety, quality and environmental standards
- To manage the project team on what is feasible and achievable during before and after project execution
- To analyze and create project risk mitigation plans before and during projects
- To manage the individual project life cycle within the defined project governance
- Oversee projects as they are being carried out to make sure that the work is done according to outlined specifications, and that they also conform with project timetable
- Convey project needs from the project manager to the management of the firm. For example, in a case whereby extra funds are needed for the completion of a project, the project manager communicates the situation to the management of the company usually through the construction operations manager
- Assist in the maintenance, development, and enhancement of the company’s relationship with contractors in a bid to produce strategic partnership
- Train and mentor employees in areas of project management and estimating.
- Conduct in-depth reviews and analysis of all project or contract documents so as to be familiar with every detail and/or requirements
- Work with safety units in a bid to plan and manage safety programs for each project and make sure that all aspects of safety are reached
- Help project managers and engineers in the arrangement and analysis of projects and scheduling of reports on projects
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or Quantity Survey
- Qualification: B.Sc degree in Civil Engineering, other qualifications may be considered based on attributes and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Experience with techno-commercial issues to include tendering, contract negotiation and vendor management.
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Project management experience with large projects, project management certification is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 15th August, 2021.