PIC Group, Inc., headquartered in Atlanta, GA and established in 1988, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, start-up and commissioning, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager (Expats Preferred)
Duration: Permanent Hire
Location: Benin City, Edo, Nigeria (relocation not required)
Facility type: Gas turbine equipped power generation plant
R&R: Every 3 months
- The Operations Manager is a member of the management team at the facility, reporting to and implementing directives of the Plant Manager.
- This person will ensure that the plant meets availability, reliability, efficiency, generation and cost targets, safely and within strict environmental limits.
- The Operations Manager fosters a team spirit by coordinating Operations Department activities including the integration of certain maintenance activities.
- The Operations Manager also performs any other tasks or assignments delegated by the Plant Manager or as determined by the needs of the company.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for all operational aspects of the power plant.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for the selection, training, and management of Operations Department personnel for the reliable, efficient, safe and environmentally compliant operation of the plant.
- The Operations Manager ensures the plant operates within the constraints and guidelines of the contract, the grid company, the gas supplier and dispatch requirements.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Support the Plant Manager to meet the contractual, technical and commercial targets of the Plant and be entrusted to fill in for when on leave;
- Monitor all applicable plant permits and regulations; notify the Plant Manager of situations that may result in violation of established limits and/or regulatory requirements;
- Direct all Operations Department personnel in the safe and efficient operations of the gas turbine, related auxiliaries, and balance of plant systems and equipment;
- Respond to plant emergencies in accordance with the emergency response plan;
- Ensure staff compliance with the Permit-to-Work (PTW) and Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) procedures;
- Periodically support the Management team with audits of the Permit-to-Work or Lockout/Tagout system to ensure all required locks and tags are inappropriate and approved locations and that the system is being used properly;
- Oversee plant dispatch in accordance with utility requirements, and according to the provisions of the Power Purchase Agreement;
- Establish and maintain plant operations data recordkeeping, including operation logs, trend logs, chemistry logs and reports pertaining to environmental regulations and operations;
- Establish and supervise, where applicable, operational programs for chemistry control, wastewater treatment and discharge, air emissions, and other regulatory requirements;
- Develop a process to evaluate plant readiness for commercial operation and establish program for plant availability improvement;
- Oversee subordinate personnel to maintain the plant in a clean, orderly condition;
- Develop and manage the Operations Department performance review and job progression programs. Administer disciplinary action of subordinate personnel in accordance with plant and company policies;
- Promote the plant and company in the surrounding community;
- Develop, implement and oversee employee recognition programs associated with Operations Department activities;
- Encourage the plant staff and corporate personnel to periodically assess the existing plant administrative, operations, maintenance and compliance programs to ensure best practices are being incorporated and that the facility is performing at a level that is considered best in class;
- Schedule and oversee tests on critical plant safety systems;
- Prepare and manage the operations budget;
- Periodically monitor plant and gas turbine heat rates to verify the most economic and fuel-efficient operation of the plant;
- Ensure shift schedule meets the needs for Safe, Reliable, and Efficient operation of the Plant.
- Ensure full implementation of the PIC Conduct of Operations program. Direct and oversee operations personnel to ensure compliance with the Conduct of Operations program and to achieve best in class plant performance;
- Oversee development, implementation and compliance of operating procedures in accordance with prudent industry practices, OEM recommendations, utility requirements, and according to the provisions of the Power Purchase Agreement;
- Assist shift operations personnel in the troubleshooting of plant operational problems;
- Ensure all procedures, documentation, drawings and manuals are kept up to date and necessary training is completed in a timely manner;
- Ensure suitable training programs are in place, both for individual development and engineering competence, and develop appropriate succession plans for the staff;
- Prepare periodic reports as directed by the Plant Manager and provide periodic reports to customer;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.
- The Operations Manager reports to the Plant Manager and works in harmony with the maintenance department, customer & PIC corporate management team.
- The Operations Manager coordinates activities among and between corporate personnel and plant personnel on matters pertaining to facility operations, plant efficiency, contract obligations, plant owner requests, and third-party activities.
The successful candidate should be able to read and understand corporate programs, policies, procedures and instructions specific to the O&M Agreement. Qualifications must include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years power generation experience with combined or simple cycle power plant application;
- Experience in power plant operations and CMMS programs;
- Experience with cybersecurity standards, and Transmission and distribution companies and leverage existing assets to meet federal regulations;
- Valid Passport with the ability to travel internationally.
- Experience with SGT5-2000E gas turbines and SGen5-100A generators preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years management experience in power plant operation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft suite of programs including Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint;
- Successful candidate maybe required to work extended hours including weekends and holiday, as necessary.
- Periodic travel to the PIC and/or customers corporate offices will be required to support plant business activities.
- This position will require a background check and a pre-employment drug screening.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information / Notice
- Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position.
- PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter