Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, a Credit Guarantee Company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- The desired candidate will work closely with the Head of Operations to drive business volumes from respective PFIs.
- As one of the core mandates of the organization is to de-risk MSME lending, she/he shall collaborate with PFIs to improve access to finance for MSMEs as banks and MFIs provide more and better products and services to these enterprises.
- This includes but is not limited to transaction origination, monitoring of guarantee portfolio, claims process management, and driving of new business volumes. The candidate will take on a variety of strategic responsibilities helping to shape operations.
The scope of work covers the following specific areas:
- Review the presentations of guarantee lines ensuring that all the information necessary for the decision-making is well captured in the proposal.
- Evaluate and conduct periodic monitoring of PFI lending activities and portfolio placed under guarantee to ensure strict compliance with internal and cooperation guidelines.
- She/he would ensure that adequate portfolio management objectives and deadlines are met and have knowledge of internal operations standards and procedures.
- Proactively assist in resolving issues in the management of respective portfolios and escalate when necessary to ensure quick resolution.
- Maintain due process and ensure accurate verification of data in compliance with internal guidelines to ensure prompt claims payment.
- Generate revenue by sourcing for clients
- Act as a focal person and responsible for the front-to-end in the guarantee application process of respective PFIs by performing an independent, forward-looking appraisal of current and prospective clients in compliance with the guarantee operations manual.
- To collaborate and ensure an in-depth understanding of PFIs lending portfolio placed under guarantee through regular value-adding interaction in order to effectively meet the needs of the respective PFIs.
- Post-graduate qualification in Business, Finance, Economics, or related fields.
- Candidate must have at least 6 years of experience relating to guarantee operations and/or banking pertaining to lending to the MSME sector.
- Experience in a fast-growing, challenging business environment
- The Operations Officer must be someone who demonstrates the ability to develop/grow a business in terms of sourcing for clients and managing client relationships.
- A background in banking, insurance, or trade finance is essential.
- Extensive experience with commercial banking in MSME lending, credit appraisal, and evaluation, financial analysis, revenue management, financial modeling & forecasting, compliance & regulatory issues, and administration functions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply