Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the role below:
Job Title: Operations Superintendent
Job ID: R17847
Job Type: Full-time
- In this role you ought to be passionate about masterminding business growth strategies to help meet organizational goals and objectives, overseeing business development efforts on behalf of the company, build and maintaining relationships with current and prospective clients to keep business growth opportunities in the pipeline.
- The Operations superintendent will plan and oversee the daily operations of the Terminal.
- He or She will have the authority to set objectives and guidelines, establish budgets and schedules, delegate tasks among staff, and develop strategies to optimize operations and meet the expected terminal requirements.
- We have a vision larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain. We count on our people to make it happen.
- We’re taking a big step on this journey, carrying out a vital mission: support our employees, so they can best support our customers.
- As an Operations Superintendent, you will assist in the development of staff to ensure they perform at efficient and effective levels by monitoring performance and taking appropriate action to ensure they reach their full potential.
- Manage to ensure that the deployment of the staff and equipment are well balanced in the shift between the land and waterside by highlighting set priorities and structured tasks and goals.
- Provide effective organisation, control, and effectively manage all land and waterside terminal operations during designated shift periods to meet planned objectives.
- Coordinate terminal planning and operations to ensure effective ship working programmes are set and maintained to ensure vessels meet sailing or berthing deadlines.
- Liaise with the Equipment Coordinators / engineering department shift management to maximize equipment availability and effective use.
- Ensure that proper preparations are made for the next shift to facilitate the incoming shift to commence shift with no loss of time.
- General monitoring of the gate activities and assisting as required to achieve the best truck turn times.
- Assisting the safety and security team as required to maintain the best control of the terminal.
- Liaise with the vessel agents for effective and fast clearing of the vessels to commence operation as early as possible.
- Assist in the development of staff to ensure they perform at efficient and effective levels by monitoring performance and taking appropriate action to ensure they reach their full potential.
- Contribute to “on the job” training of supervisory staff and undertake other duties within capabilities as required by senior management.
- Show responsibility through the respective Quay/Yard Superintendents to ensure efficient allocation of all shift operational staff and also ensure equipment resources are balanced taking into account the cost-effective utilisation of equipment resources to match the operational requirements of the terminal.
- Ensure that recognized safe working practices are utilized for all terminal operations and maintain effective implementation of safety policies and procedures.
- Provide the first line of response for any accident/incident investigation, emergencies, and damage assessments.
- Provide terminal presence by maintaining significant visibility checks on all quayside and yard activities continuously throughout a shift and prepare operational reports as required by management.
- Maintain continuous operations by ensuring all shift operational staff uses the “hot seat” changeover at shift changeover times and for operator rest break changeovers as per the continuous working procedure.
- Ensure that shift changes for the land and waterside are accomplished with minimum loss of time under hot seat arrangement.
- Constant monitoring of the work queues for land and waterside as planned by the PLANNING Unit, to ensure they are carried out in a timely fashion to facilitate smooth workflow for the shift and the shift to follow.
- 8+ years prior experience in the Terminal operations field, preferably in the Logistics, or Shipping space.
- A proven history of successful leadership
- Possess a collaborative mindset and work well as part of a team
- Superior time management abilities and capable of meeting deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a strategic thinker and a have strong negotiation skills
- We offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award-winning talent development initiatives.
- Energizing and pioneering, this is also an environment that keeps you motivated. You’ll be joining a values-led, genuinely diverse, and talented team that is passionate about being there for employees, and each other. We strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
- We have a competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees. Our talent policies are recognized worldwide as one of the best in the industry and we continue to look for new ways to invest in our people through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives.
- We value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job. We’re proud of that and we see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply