AB InBev is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operator – Environment
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job type: Full-time
- Opportunity exists for an Operator – Environment at International Breweries Plc Port Harcourt, reporting to the Environment & Safety Manager.
- The Operator will operate the Biological Treatment System (BTS) plant and the execution of quality control checks and analyses, including coaching of other team members and supporting the Process Artisan in carrying out asset care activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the job holder will be responsible for the following:
- Shift Based Production, Performance and Processes
- Interpret and implement plan for shift
- Monitor processes on shift for the BTS, WTP and Water abstraction plant
- Ensure process quality and productivity
- Ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Co-ordinate autonomous maintenance and cleaning
- Achieve BTS PTS compliance targets Comply with VPO safety, health and environmental policies, procedures, and legislation
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
- Specialist Analysis
- Carry out specialized and highly specialized quality analyses for which the shift based teams are responsible
- Record the results of analyses on appropriate information systems and communicate results where required
- Conduct analysis of results to identify problems and improvement opportunities timeously
- Assist the shift based teams in the execution of quality analysis, where required
- Quality Auditing
- Conduct required and requested quality audits, completing the appropriate documentation and communicating the results
- Review quality analysis procedures of shift based teams, identifying problems or training needs and communicating these to the team leader
- Conduct regular audits of calibration procedures of shift based production teams and communicating results
- Conduct audits of analytic procedures to ensure compliance with COT guidelines, and identifying corrective actions required
- Where required, initiate corrective actions coming out of the quality audits in areas that impact the laboratory. Communicate effectively in teams
- Contribute to self and team development
- Problem Solving
- Support the shift based production teams in problem solving, providing specialist assistance and techniques
- Coach, mentor and assist shift based production teams on problem solving and correct use of problem solving techniques. Backlog
- Continuous Improvement
- Carry out specialized analyses in support of the evaluation of continuous improvement opportunities
- Determine additional analytical work required evaluating continuous improvement opportunities
- Take part in regional and divisional process optimization initiatives as required
- BSc / HND or equivalent in Engineering
- Minimum 2 years in FMCG environment
Traits and Competencies Required:
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in a fast-paced environment
- A team player
- High level of initiative and energy.
Deadline: 21st July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.