Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Oracle Database Administrator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time · Associate
Purpose of the Job
- To act as the database administrator in the Oracle Team. The position will give the incumbent invaluable experience in business systems, oracle implementation and all modules involved.
What you’ll do
- Perform daily system maintenance on Oracle E-Business suite.
- Manage user access within Oracle ERP
- Work with vendors, developers, and technical support personnel to implement and support Programs or interfaces
- Ensuring high availability of Oracle E-Business suite services.
- Work as an integral part of the “in-house Development and Support” technical team for Sahara
- Support users with emphasis on functionality enhancements
- Must act as System Administrator for the Group and ensure proper documentation is in place.
- Applying Oracle recommended patches to production environment through the change process
- Identify, support, and resolve Oracle application functional and technical issues and work with the team to resolve these issues in the least possible time.
- Performing daily database health check and performance tuning.
- Provide technical support to the technical reports developer.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any other course.
- Must have 3-5 years cognate working experience (POST NYSC) in a similar role within a corporate organization.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, Visio), PowerBI, Tableau, Google Analytics.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff, and clients.
- Oracle certified Professional (OCP) will be an Added Advantage
- Capacity to work in a fast paced, team-oriented office and field/site environment.
- Must have good organisational, time management and communication skills.
Your Personal Attributes:
- Intrinsically motivated;
- Results – oriented and pragmatic with exceptional problem solving and decision making skills;
- Top-notch networking and negotiation skills
- Emotionally intelligent and team player with an international outlook
- Excellent and precise communication & presentation skills;
- Relevant experience in R12 EBS modules GL, AP, AR, FA, INV, SSHR, HRMS & Payroll
- Good knowledge of Oracle forms and reports
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux Shell scripting
- Good Knowledge of Oracle backup and disaster recovery concepts
- Ability to perform Oracle database and system health checks
- Good knowledge of Oracle workflow and approval management engine
- Good knowledge of Java programming language.
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management and planning skills
- Conscientious in approach to work
- Customer-centric and good leadership skills
- Must have relevant experience involving Oracle ERP implementation and support
- Should have good Oracle EBS Experience in OAF, ADF
- Good knowledge in SQL/PLSQL, Workflow configuration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply