MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Outside – Plant Engineer / Designer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The OSP Engineer / Designer will report to and work collaboratively with the Engineering Manager and Project Manager and will collaborate with the engineering / design team on the production of outside plant design for fiber-based telecommunications infrastructure projects in Nigeria nationwide.
- This work will include the planning, survey, design, and documentation of communications infrastructure, with an emphasis on OSP fiber optic cable infrastructure projects.
- An extensive knowledge of the standards and specifications of utility Right-of-Way owners and utility owners is required.
- An extensive knowledge of OSP construction practices for fiber optic cable plant is required.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Be familiar with field surveys of OSP network facilities
- Proficient in AutoCAD drawings
- Generate a Bill of Quantity (BOQ) from a design.
- Good communication with the project team to define requirements.
- Work with the implementation managers and / or field personnel to ensure quality and timely delivery of design and engineering services.
- Experience with CAD and field survey tools (Odometer, GPS, etc.) required.
- Working knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of OSP civil work and FO designs.
- Familiarity with design standards relative to fiber optics and civil work.
- Experience with OSP telecommunication industry engineering processes and practices, and their impact on project activities.
- Practical knowledge and work with MS word, excel, and PowerPoint
Deadline: 30th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.