Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packet Core Support Engineer
Req ID: 574284
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are now looking for a Packet core Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers.
- In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks.
- You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
- You will typically interact with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
- As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area.
- You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
- You will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software, and network knowledge.
- You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson.
- The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Customer support request (CSR) investigation follow up and coordination.
- Analyze problems and identify suitable solution to these problems.
- Do Software Update Management (SUM) activities.
- Working on complex troubleshooting, using support tools and according to global support processes and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Customer.
- Actively engage in communication with other engineers for the purpose of knowledge sharing.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Domain experience: (Packet core) at least 7-8 years.
- Very good knowledge of Linux
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Presentation & communication skill
- Working with people.
- Very good knowledge of Ericsson Packet Core nodes, SGSN-MME, GGSN, EPC, vEPC
- Good Understanding of Packet Core surrounding Nodes (Like IMS, OCC, Charging Nodes)
- Good knowledge of SAPC (Policy server) , IPWorks (DNS)
- Familiar with virtualization and the Cloud Systems
- Excellent IP background
You should also have:
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills
- Responsive and result oriented
- You will be perseverant, as well as open minded, with a passion to win
What’s in it for you?
- Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it.
- Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls.
- You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply