Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Partner, People & Culture Projects & Planning
- Reporting to the Lead, People & Culture Projects & Planning, the Partner will be responsible for the execution of P&C enterprise projects, enterprise planning and organization of the Project Management Office within the People and Culture function.
Ways You Can Contribute
- Collaborate in the design of Projects and Planning yearly framework, roadmap and also in the review of larger P & C function strategy execution and tracking.
- Build the thought leadership function of the office of the CPCO with leading class research, data analysis, and program/project management.
- Execute on report and presentations creation by pulling, organizing, and conducting analysis as required to meet parameters of request.
- Provide support on ad-hoc reporting requests as necessary.
- Provide support for and execute data visualization requests.
- Conduct basic data analytics as necessary for reports and internal needs.
- Coordinate delivery and execution of complex enterprise or functional projects or workstreams concurrently with project stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle:
- Understand how the overall project fits within an enterprise context.
- Coordinate in the execution of P & C projects and manage PMO within P & C.
- Communicate regularly with project stakeholders, working groups, and other governance structures.
- Proactively manage change in scope, time and cost; devise contingency plans to control outcomes of critical path.
- Provide coaching and develop training on project management best practices to P and C stakeholders, in alignment with the PM CoE.
- Engage P & C leadership and the wider team and provide project execution support across the HR value chain.
- Co-manage the agenda and calendar of the CPCO and provide support where required.
- Problem-solve actively, engage stakeholders and develop trusted thought-partner relationships.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business Administration or a related field is required; Master’s Degree is an asset.
- CIPM, CIPD, HRCI, PMI or equivalent is desired.
- 4 – 6 years of relevant business project management experience (as opposed to IT project management) and success in leading and managing complex projects in an official PM capacity, demonstrating PMO methodologies for planning, risk management, and reporting. Preferably focused on HR and Change Management projects.
- Core experience in HR across the value chain.
- Strong capability with data analytics and dashboard design is an added advantage.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- Consulting background will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience applying planning, monitoring, and PMO methodologies for planning, risk management, and reporting.
- HR Generalist knowledge or specialist in either of the HR areas.
- HR global awareness.
- Huge presence with strong presentation skills and solution-oriented.
- Analytical with strong business acumen Detail-oriented, methodical, and process-oriented to consistently and effectively produce and deliver high-quality results on time. Results-driven mindset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th June, 2022.