Inagbe Grand Resort and Leisure is a place where the genuine care ,comfort and privacy of our guests is our highest mission. We pledge to provide premium personal service and facilities for our guest who will always enjoy a tranquil, relaxed yet refined ambiance. Inagbe grand resorts vision is to be recognised as the best resort in Nigeria and one of the best in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pastry Chef
Location: Snake Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the daily preparation of all baked goods and pastries, for a la carte and banquet production and responsible for co-deciding the dessert menu with the Executive Chef.
- Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread, rolls, muffins, croissants, and doughnuts etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Able to develop, design, or creates new ideas and items for Pastry kitchen.
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
- Follow proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to Manager immediately.
- Seeks to maintain knowledge of industry trends in the world of pastry and baking.
- Reviews menu items and makes changes as necessary. Utilizes leftovers whenever possible.
- Ensures that kitchen equipment is clean and in working order, reports and prepares work orders for required repairs. Ensures that all equipment is handled safely and with reasonablecare.
- Creates recipe cards for all menu items and trains Bakers using recipe cards.
- Assists the Executive Chef with annual budget process and makes recommendations with regards to the Bakery Department.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Assist with the development of standardized recipes for all menu items. Ensures that recipes are accurate and updated as needed.
- Ensures that all food products prepared meet the established specifications and standards.
- Ensures proper levels of bakery and pastry items are prepared based on forecasted needs and their prompt delivery to the designated outlet for guest consumption.
- Responsible for complete set up, cleanliness and organization of the Pastry Department and bakery areas at all kitchen locations.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma / HND in any field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience obtained in a well-structured Kitchen or five – star Hospitality setting.
Skills and Compentencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent, with great coordination.
- Accuracy and good measuring skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to multitask, organize time and material.
- Sound independent judgment.
- Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices.
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Integrity and honesty.
Salary: N1,440,000 Annually.
- Service Charge
- Free breakfast
- 13th Month
- Leave Allowance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in Word document or PDF to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 11th June, 2022.