Medison Specialist Women’s Hospital – A Specialist Hospital located in lekki Lagos. We offer specialist care in Obstetrics, Gynecology and IVF. Our inpatient and outpatient specialties provides clinical expertise in Obstetrics and Women’s Health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To undertake the receipt, storage and distribution of medicinal products.
- To diligently keep and maintain regularly updated medication / drugs inventory.
- To initiate and maintain the medicinal and related medical disposable stock levels in the wards, theatre and the clinic.
- Unpack and pack cryogenically frozen vaccines.
- Give daily situational reports, reconcile the stocks and carry out stock checks.
- To undertake related computer tasks, and inputting of medicines in to the automated dispensing system.
- To assist in the receipt of prescriptions.
- To participate in pharmacy services to wards and clinics primarily to maintain and control medicines.
- To assist in booking in and auditing prescriptions, using the latest software.
- To regularise stock control of medicines within the pharmacy department.
- Regularly handle or process invoices when dealing with outpatient’s prescriptions.
- To comply with the legal and other requirements related to the purchase, supply, use, safe custody and destruction of drugs both within the Pharmacy and in the hospital at large.
- To comply with the Health and Safety at work act, COSHH Regulations, Display Screen Equipment Regulations, Data Protection Act and other appropriate legislation during daily activities.
- To make available in all departments all necessary medication and consumables needed whilst away on holiday or day offs.
- To prepare and assemble supplies of medicines for delivery to wards and departments.
- To assist in the receipt, storage and issue of stock including the maintenance of manual and computerised records.
- To assist in the provision of a ward topping up service, supplying stock medication to wards on a weekly basis.
- To assist in the preparation and assembly of resuscitation and anaphylaxis boxes.
Clinical & Professional Responsibilities:
- To answer telephone and face to face queries of a routine or basic technical nature from a wide range of staff groups, patients and the public, either in the pharmacy or on the ward, and refer appropriate queries to medical team when necessary.
- To participate in individual performance review and continuing education programmes in order to maintain and improve standards of service.
- To maintain continuing professional development.
- To liaise with various members of the Pharmacy team and ward staff when solving supply problems and ensuring the best service to patients.
- To ensure safety of drugs awaiting collection by nursing staff and other responsible persons
- To be responsible for the accurate input of data into the Pharmacy Portal on Quick book computer system for all duties requiring its use e.g. Ordering and stock control.
- To assist in the completion and filing of departmental documents.
- To record any information and assist in the compilation of any data necessary.
- To observe the provisions of and adhere to all Hospital policies and procedures.
- To actively participate in the annual performance review to identify personal development needs
- To attend training courses relevant to the post.
- All employees are responsible for implementing and maintaining data quality, ensuring that records are legible and attributable and that the record keeping is contemporaneous
- To adhere to relevant Code of Practice of Professional body (if appropriate)
- The post holder must be flexible in the duties performed and it is expected that similar duties, not specifically listed above, will be carried out as required and may be cross site.
- To be aware of the confidential aspects of the post.
- To ensure that when creating, managing and sharing information records it is done in an appropriate way, subject to statutory requirements and agreed security and confidentiality policies, procedures and guidelines.
- The duties contained in this job description are not intended to be exhaustive. The duties and responsibilities of this post are likely to evolve in line with the Hospital continued organisational development.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years work experience.
- Experience of working with Computer systems.
- Good physical fitness for duties including manual handling, standing and walking.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently with good attention to detail
- Good administration skills including record keeping
- Team player
- Supportive of colleagues of all grades
- Good negotiating skills.
- Understand importance and context of role
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience of working in Hospital pharmacy
- Experience in using the JAC Pharmacy system.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st July, 2021.