Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Environmental Sustainability Supervisor
- Develop and implement cutting-edge initiatives to protect the environment in line with the core values of Egbin.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective leadership to waste management Officer, ensuring that duties are properly performed.
- To carry out periodic safety inspection tours of the plant, record findings and follow up with Head QHSE for closure
- Provide interface with all regulators and contractors in managing Egbin’s compliance with Environmental legislations.
- Provide weekly environmental hazard status report of the assets, indicating the extent or effectiveness of closeout actions.
- Develop innovative programs to assist with the propagation of the Egbin Sustainability philosophy.
- Carryout related duties as shall be assigned from time to time by The Head QHSE.
- Maintain an incident log of all environmental incidents minor or major within the plant and the estate and fashion out mitigative measures while following up with action parties for quick closure.
- Be involved in all environmental and other incident investigations within the plant and maintain a detailed report of environmental incidents, following up to closure.
Education and Work Experience
- Prospective candidate must possess B.Sc or HND in Science or Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic
- Must have at least 5 – 7 years cognate experience
- Must have NEBOSH IGC, ISPON level 3 and lead Auditor certification in either of ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001: 2015 or ISO 9001:2015
- Membership of professional bodies like ISPON, IOSH, WSO is an added advantage
- Certificate courses in corporate sustainability management or environmental sustainability
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be a self-starter, great team player with good report presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite
- Must have good communication and people engagement skills.
- Ability to implement ISO 14001:2015
- Ability to conduct risk assessments, hazards identification, job hazard Analysis
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline Friday, 5th August, 2022.