Air Liquide – A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 employees and serves more than 3.8 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
Air Liquide’s ambition is to be a leader in its industry, deliver long term performance and contribute to sustainability – with a strong commitment to climate change and energy transition at the heart of its strategy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Operator
Reference ID: 2022-11-16
Contract Type: Regular
Missions and Responsibilities
- In a high risk safety environment the incumbent will operate an Air Separation Unit (ASU) and conduct refilling operations.
- Also he/she will ensure the maintenance of plants as well as the proper handling and maintenance of cylinders and tanks.
Driving the unit:
- Correctly applies procedures on his/her workstation for production, maintenance and refilling
- Operates the plant, ensures respect of the process and monitors settings / parameters.
- Ensures compliance of the finished product and meeting deadlines.
- Ensure full compliance to Safety and IMS.
- Contributes to the orderliness and cleanliness of the workstation.
- Performs routine maintenance
- Detects and alerts on any unusual events. Implements the first Risk mitigation measures based on his/her diagnosis and acts on any suspicion of malfunction.
- Takes the decision to intervene (Stop Work), in case of significant problem/Risk
- Knows the safety rules, applies them and ensures others apply them too.”
Labour Organization and Quality:
- Is customer oriented (Cx) in the preparation and verification of the cylinders (no leaks, proper labeling.)
- Ensures products coming out of plant or refilled into cylinders are of the requisite quality (Purity, pressure, cylinder protection, etc)
- Clearly identifies and labels empty cylinder stocks and production stocks (bulk liquid if any) at all times.
- Knows the right persons to inform and the action to take when there is an issue.
Competencies and Profile
- Experience required : Up to 3 years of experience
- Education required: B.Sc, B.Eng, HND in Technical (Mechanical,Electrical, Chemical, etc.).
- Electromechanical, physical
- Knowledge of the industrial tool
- Knowledge of industrial process
- Rules and production Procedures
- Rules and conditioning procedures
- Rules and Safety procedure.
- Efficiency / Productivity
- Quality of Work / Fiability
- Ease of Adaptation / Flexibility
- Learning Capacity
- Motivation / Engagement.
- Compliance with Instructions
- Team spirit
- Regular attendance and Punctuality
- Security mind and Safety
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply