OutsideIn HR Limited – Our client in the Manufacturing Sector who offers a range of specialty chemicals and value-added products to industries that are manufacturing products for Personal Care, Soap & Detergents, Cleaning & Hygiene Chemicals, across Nigeria and West Africa is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
- Plant Supervisor’s Job is to supervise manufacturing staff, coordinate and cooperate with various cross functional team for smooth operations of plant.
- A production manager is responsible for maintaining the accurate quality and quantity control to ensure the on-time delivery of produced products in order to satisfy the clients.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- To set the direction of the plant operation, achieve monthly / weekly / daily production plan, and prepare action plans for self and individual team members.
Day to Day Management:
- To supervise daily shop floor operations and achieve production targets as specified on daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- To ensure shop floor compliance with hygiene and safety standards.
- To ensure day to day coordination among various functions for planning, procurement from other plants, production & dispatch planning as per customer requirements.
- To plan for Manpower as per shop-floor operations and job allocation for the people on less production days.
- To maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources;
- To facilitate corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- To ensure key projects tracking on a continuous basis and submit periodical update to management.
- To do periodic audit inspection and ensure housekeeping, safety, personnel hygiene and environmental compliance through implementation of EHS.
- To handle, work priorities and allocating resources to meet the assigned shop floor time lines and goals.
- To enforce discipline, punctuality and safety as part of conduct among staff.
- To follow new projects as and when assigned for improvement and take responsibility for its successful execution after approval from Factory Manager and GM Operations.
- To manage effective communication by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, providing of formal and informal feedback on performance and training needs – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
- To prepare all applicable reports in time for accuracy and in order to ensure that they match the functional requirements, policies and standards.
Safety Health & Environment:
- To ensure compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures across the department in order to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- To perform other related duties or assignment as and when assigned.
- Bachelor Degree (Paint / Chemicals / Chemistry) with hands on experience in handling paint / coating shop floor.
- The applicant must have good knowledge about ISO, HACCP and Other applicable international standards.
- Experience of minimum of 5 years and more would be needed with team handling experience of minimum 10 – 20 people.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 15th July, 2021.