The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Portfolio Associate – Nature, Climate Change & Energy
Host Entity: UNDP
Expected Starting Date: 15 September, 2021
Duration: 12 months with possiblity of extension
Description of Task
- The Portfolio Associate(s) will work in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, Communications and other project teams in the Country Office (CO) for effective visibility of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery.
- The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems. The portfolio associate will:
- Prepare payment requests in a timely manner, monitor disbursement of monthly payments for GEF projects in the unit;
- Track and report project expenditures monthly for the GEF/MLF portfolio (and each individual project);
- Maintain and improve databases for the Project’s that accurately report on progress and decisions, highlight issues, and are suitable for analysing data,
- Assist in the preparation of payments requests for operational expenses, salaries, insurance, etc. against project budgets and work plans;
- Support the preparations of project work-plans and operational and financial planning processes;
- Monitor project activities, budget and financial expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
- Advise and assist international advisors and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
- Provide necessary backstopping on administrative actions,
- Prepare and translate necessary documents, reports to donors, UNDP, Programme Board, and others as relevant;
- Follow-up on timely disbursements by UNDP CO;
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Maintain project correspondence and communication;
- Maintain project filing system;
- Maintain records on all project personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Assist in logistical organization of meetings, training and workshops.
- Collect, register and maintain all information on the two GEF/MLF project activities.
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of progress reports;
- Prepare agendas and arrange field visits, appointments and meetings both internal and external related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings;
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Educational Additional Comments:
- A graduate Degree in either of the following: Economics, Geography, Sustainable Development or any other related Social Sciences degrees; a post-graduate degree in environmental management and engineering may be an advantage.
- At least 3 years of work experience; preferably in a reputable organization/NGO programmes and projects.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular mastery of all applications of the MS Office package;
- Proven ability to problem-solve and think creatively to develop and implement smart business solutions in a challenging socio-economic environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts with senior-level officials of the host government required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential part of the job.
- Excellent written communication skills; and
- A good working knowledge of Atlas/SAP/SAGE Platform would be an added advantage.
- Ability to carry out tasks independently,
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential
- Minimum Age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of Expertise:
- Sustainable natural resources management and climate change adaptation.
Area of Expertise Details:
- Strong background in enviromemnt and climate change is highly desirable
- Driving license.
- Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Self-Management, Working in Teams.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th September, 2021.