Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting a suitable candidate to join our team in the position below:
Job Title: Power Plant Operator
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
- Operate and maintain the power plant during the shift, according to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain plant power production at the output designed by management.
- Follow all procedures and instructions pertaining to start-up, shut-down and normal operations of the power plant systems
- Complete, update and maintain all logs, check lists and running records in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist in taking corrective action during system operational disturbance.
- Utilize all tools, equipment, and accessories in such a manner so as to maximize useful operating life.
- Ensure that the work is executed at the plant according to Wartsila Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
- Provide the relieving shift operator with a complete handover, bringing to his attention any operational disturbance, malfunctions or abnormalities
- Perform planned and corrective maintenance as directed and as needed and to account for all parts and materials, supplies and fluids used in the performance of that work.
- Effectively communicate the condition of all plant equipment, any deviation/ disturbance from the normal conditions and other performances to shift in charge and fellow personnel.
- Strict monitoring of all Alarms / Parameters of Engines and auxiliaries, Monitoring and analysis of trends of data pertaining to equipment at all time and making proper follow up in this regard.
- To comply with all safety regulations including isolation, lock out and tag out and perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety devices
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.ENG), Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree or Higher National Diploma Degree (HND) in Mechanical /Electrical Engineering Discipline.
- 2 years’ experience of power plant operations and Maintenance required.
- Achieving required results in a timely fashion
- Making change happen
- Communication skills
- Situational and Cultural sensitivity
- Business and Customer Focus
- Result Oriented.
- Decisiveness and action orientation
- Planning and Target setting
- Developing self and others
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd November, 2022.