Primary / Nursery Teachers needed at a Reputable School
A reputable School based in Enugu State, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates for immediate employment into the position below:
Job Title: Primary / Nursery Teacher
Location: School in Trans Ekulu, Enugu
- Maintain classroom records, cleanliness and orderliness.
- Prepare coursework for classes, grade tests, essays, reports, and other writing assignments.
- Hold one-on-one session with students to keep them on track as necessary.
- Meet with parents or guardians to discuss students’ academic progress, remedial issues and behavior problems when necessary.
- Ensure safe learning environment in the classroom.
- Design educational activities that promote physical, social and intellectual growth of students.
- Enhance learning abilities, healthy habits and morals in children.
- Plan, develop and implement appropriate curriculum.
- On top of this you will also have to arrange any extra curricular activities and set targets for your pupils.
Qualification and Skills Set
- Good intonation and knowledge of phonics are added advantages
- Resident in Enugu
- The candidate should be well-grounded in classroom management and school procedures. In addition to teaching, a child should be able to read and speak in the right diction.
- She should be conversant with the following courses;Convol, Etiquette, Elocution, Intelligent speech (Public Speaking), Reading skills, Sentence structure.etc
- Applicants must have NCE, a minimum of Second Class Lower B. Ed,BA or B.Sc. with PGDE in English Language with a Diploma programme/training in phonics and at least 2 years experience in the field.
- Communication Skills: You must be able to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents and administration officials.
- Instruction Skills: You will have to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand. You must work to keep the students’ attention
- Writing Skills: Teachers write progress reports, notes. Writing skills are critical.
- Patience: The students you work with will have different backgrounds and abilities. Patience will help teachers deal with students who act out or have trouble following the material.
- Creativity: Teachers have to find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, teachers may have to work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
- People Skills: Engaging parents and creating healthy relationships with students and faculty will help create a quality learning environment.
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their CV’s with an Application Letter on the body of the email to: [email protected] with the Subject of the email as “Nursery or Primary Teacher”
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter