Multi Aid and Charity Initiative (MACI) is a registered non-governmental and nonprofit organization majorly concerned with improving the health and well-being condition of women and children, advocacy, and Peacebuilding through policies and programs designed, aimed at salvaging the devastating situation caused by the over a decade Boko Haram insurgency. MACI’s humanitarian interest includes; Gender-based Violence, Girl Child Education, Women and Youth, Empowerment, Sexual and Reproductive Health Education, Community Health Education, and Mobilization. MACI has reached over 10,000 vulnerable women and children with life support and life-changing services in northeast Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistic Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Prepare procurement documents in line with MACI’s procurement procedures and according to set procurement plan.
- Check and receive purchase requisitions and initiate the procurement process according to I’s procurement regulations.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Check procurement documents (Bid analysis, Purchase orders and Payment documents etc…) and submit to signatories for verifications and approvals.
- Follow up with supplies and organize for delivery of materials.
- Conduct regular market surveys to identify suitable and reliable suppliers and service providers
- Maintain updated vendor data base at area level
- Assists in planning, designing, and implementation of appropriate logistics systems including warehousing and transport capacity, including the establishment of Long-Term Arrangements and frame agreements for e.g. customs clearance, storage, transport, and distribution as might be required.
- Raises logistics bottlenecks to supervisor for prioritization.
- For emergencies: Coordinates with logistics cluster, and ensures interest and supplies are given appropriate priority.
- Facilitate and follow-up timely clearance, delivery, and handover of goods and consignments to partners
- Assists in organizing training for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Update and share the procurement tracker on weekly and monthly basis.
- Submit invoices from suppliers and the relevant procurement documents to finance attaching a procurement checklist to ensure all required procurement documents have been attached.
- Contribute to capacity Building of Procurement and non-procurement staff to understand procurement systems and policies.
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency, and cost-efficiency focus in all procurement processes Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, and quality performance measurement mechanisms.
- BA / BSc /HND Qualification
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Management and Business/Public Administration or related field.
- CIPS and/or other Procurement Practitioner Certification would be considered a significant asset
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience for a Master’s Degree or 4 years of relevant experience for a first-level university degree in procurement management.
- Experience and working knowledge of the ERP system is an advantage.
- Experience in procuring high-value requirements (experience in establishing long-term supply contracts would be an advantage);
- Experience in procuring requirements of significant complexity and value (experience in procuring infrastructure works would be an advantage);
- Fluency in written and oral English is required. Knowledge of other UN working language desirable
Required Competencies and Values:
- Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Integrity & transparency
- Managing and sharing knowledge
- Delivering results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter, as a single word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: MACI welcomes applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure.
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2022.