Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Mowe, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- HND / B.Sc degree
- Relevant professional qualification
- 8 – 10 years experience as Procurement Manager in a Manufacturing company
- Should have very strong negotiation skills and sound knowledge of engineering spares, civil construction material, packing material
- Should have a good idea of the Lagos & Ogun market geography for buying all essential purchases
- Should have demonstrated cost savings with past employers
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking.
- To oversee the company’s procurement activities in the factory, identify opportunities to increase value for money, drive efficiency and savings and further mitigate risk, without impacting on quality
- To maintain an effective approach for procurement strategies, and establish recommendations for the procurement of services and potential suppliers
- To undertake reviews of specific spend areas within a best practice framework and identify both the resource needs and process changes required for the on-going management of these procurement activities
- To liaise with current and potential suppliers to negotiate contracts, including the management of tender processes for the awarding of new contracts directly or supporting internal customers
- To further develop the company’s framework within which procurement activities are conducted
- To design and implement methods to improve procurement data collection and analysis and a reporting framework monitoring the deliverables within each procurement category
- To facilitate greater cross collaboration between business units, in relation to procurement by centralizing spend areas
- To undertake an annual review of the company’s Sustainable Procurement Policy, and to recommend changes to the policy as relevant to Executive Team and Boards
- To Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues across the company so as to promote
- Develop and maintain vendors / suppliers database
- Servicing / maintenance of all company owned fire extinguishers.
Deadline: 10th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their CV to: [email protected] with the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.