United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of procurement and stock keeping. Must be analytical, pay attention to details, have good vendor relationship and management skill.
Job Objective (s)
- To manage the procurement of the bank items/stocks and ensure quality and prompt delivery of items.
- Ensure all fixed assets and non-fixed asset request are processed using accredited vendors of the bank.
- Ensure quality and delivery of resources within TAT.
- Compile accurate stock records, and maintain proper records of requisition and replenishment transactions.
- Maintain good working relationship with suppliers and vendors.
- Regular price revalidation and negotiation is carried out to ensure up to date pricing.
- An updated price schedule for various resources bought by the bank is maintained.
- Initiate the payment process after physical confirmation of the delivery of procured resources by vendors.
- Invite internal control to physically inspect procured items that have been delivered.
- Ensure all requests are duly approved in line with the empowerment policy of the bank.
- Seek reliable vendors that can provides quality goods and services at reasonable prices.
- Ensure all purchases are within the budget thereby achieving cost savings.
- Adhere to quality procedures and standards and oversee purchasing administration such that all the bank’s policies and standards are upheld.
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- 2-3 years related experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Banking Operations, Policies and Procedures
- Expense Empowerment Policy
- IT & Computer Appreciation
- Analytical skill
- Numerical Ability
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Stock keeping techniques
- Interpersonal and Communication skills
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th March, 2022.