Altak Industries Limited was established in 1990 as a manufacturer of plastic goods and wares. Altak was the pioneer manufacturer in West Africa of “Monobloc” Plastic chairs which were a new technology at the time and introduced into the market the first plastic chair of its kind in 1991 with the introduction of the TOSSA chair. Altak’s pioneer status in the plastic industry was further cemented with the introduction of the first All plastic table in 1993. Altak’s pioneering spirit still persists today with the introduction of innovative and unique products like the first all plastic school desk and first lounger to be manufactured in Nigeria. All of Altak’s designs are made in house and their distinctive design and high quality finishes have established Altak as the market leader in their field of Plastic Furniture.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Engineer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Key specification – He should be able to define and work out how the product will be manufactured and assembled on the production line including design of packaging, ensuring the right quantity of components/products are delivered and aligned to support the speed of the production line. Review efficiencies and eliminate waste within the manufacturing process to deliver high quality products/components to a defined standards.
- Roles -Responsible for implementation of production processes and procedures, leading productivity improvements with project based activities, including new product introduction and manufacturing design to reduce waste, improve quality and safety, and reduce operating costs.
- Ensure preventive actions are taken to maximize success. Work on many phases or sub-task of projects or entire projects of moderate complexity, with results impacting on products completion. Work under general supervision, reviewed products milestones and or on completion by a Senior Management.
General and Task Management
- Identify manufacturing needs for new/existing products development.
- Ensure all products and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result.
- Actively committed to team development
- Optimistic and self aware
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive and committed
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to details.
- Assist with shop floor layout for assembly tasks
- Generating production documentation such as production report etc
- Reduce waste in production by providing standard work methods and work instruction.
- Ensure product and process quality meets specifications required.
- Assertive, resilient and welcome change mantra
- Independently determines approach and assigned tasks
- Understanding manufacturing processes
- Understanding engineering, scientific and other technical information preferably Plastic Furniture
- Understanding lean manufacturing etc
Qualifications and Experience Level
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, City and Guilds Level 3, B.Tech Industrial Engineering/Chemistry etc
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment management.
- Remove waste from the processes
- Organise plant start-up and shutdown schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time
- Respond to breakdowns
- Report downtime and possible trends etc.
- Significant work experience in a high volume manufacturing environment preferably in Plastic furniture production
- Maintain statistical records
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and Passport Photograph to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 10th May, 2021.