We are a reputable oil and gas company situated at Ibeju-Lekki, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos in Nigeria. We have subsidiaries in Real Estate & Property Development, Power Generation, Renewable Energy & Agriculture companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Supervisor – Lubricant Blending
Location: Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and regulatory requirements and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Determining quality assurance/control standards.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping at all times.
- Understands and executes the blending and packaging manufacturing strategy.
- Provides hands on leadership and management of the blending and packaging operations, while optimizing production costs and maintaining product quality.
- Builds and leads a strong team with high intensity and motivation.
- Trains, motivates, and develops plant personnel to achieve high moral and efficient use of human resources
- Conducts appropriate annual and semi-annual performance evaluations.
- Responsible for management of lubricant production schedules,lubricant inventories, reorder points, stock rotation, setting of expiration dates, product labeling and incoming delivery inspections.
- Oversees the selection and performance specifications of all lubricants for each machine, assisted by the lubrication engineer, equipment OEMs and lubricant suppliers.
- Identifies procedures for receiving inspection of incoming products (including lubricants) and noncomplying conditions.
- Identification of all lubrication points, lubricant type, procedure and frequency of re-lubrication.
- Installation of sampling ports and procedure
- Set up of oil analysis testing requirements by machine
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership in the area of safety
- Ensures lubricants are optimally selected with respect to cost, wear control, energy conservation, safety, quality and environmental factors.
- Responsible for inventory management at warehouse and distribution location(s) that are directly associated with the manufacturing site.
- Able to conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Works with Sales and Marketing to commercialize new products.
- Delivers best-in-class operational performance through standardization, continuous improvement, and sharing of best practices.
- Ensures that lubricants are compatible with the machine, process fluids and work environment.
- Writes lubricant standards for all lubricant products.
- Oversees quality, service and support provided by all vendors and jobbers for lubricants, filters, lubrication hardware, lubricant disposal services, oil reclamation services, oil analysis services, software and other independent service providers.
Qualification, Education, Experience & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry / Chemical Engineering. Having a Masters degree is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for continual improvement.
- Familiarity with all regulatory requirements associated with handling oil and/or chemicals.
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in lubricant blending and packaging operations.
- 5+ years experience in plant management and supervision.
N100,000 – N150,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the specific position applied for as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 30th December, 2021.