Golden Seed Fats & Oil is an agri-processor focused on the conversion of oil seeds and pulses into their derivative products. Golden Seed Fats & Oil has a factory in Benin-City with a processing capacity for palm nuts of 155,000 metric tonnes per annum. We process Palm Kernels into industrial grade Palm Kernel Oil, Palm Kernel Cake and Palm kernel Shells.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production / Technical Manager
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversee production quotas and schedules, ensuring inventory and shipment targets are met.
- To lead the Plant production and ensure that all Key Results are delivered in terms of: Volume, Efficiency, Cost and Quality.
- Collaborate with purchasing department to verify, review, maintain, and report on materials and production inventories.
- Facilitate and authorize repairs or maintenance for production tools and equipment.
- Develop short/medium term production plans to ensure that production capacity and capability can meet the projected sales volume for the plant.
- Ensure that CAPEX projects within the plant, are executed within set timelines and budgets.
- Work with direct staff to optimize process and equipment maintenance spending to minimize downtime and enhance product output.
- Ensure that the production will be cost-effective by estimating costs and negotiating and agreeing budgets with both clients and managers.
- Maintain and assure all OSHA and maintenance safety procedures are followed.
- Establish an effective Maintenance Management System in the plant and ensure its strict implementation.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed at all times.
- Supervise and motivate team members.
- Build a strong and efficient organization of production capability at the plant, particularly the engineering capability by building a solid pipeline for key technical positions.
- Monitor productivity rates and product standards and implement quality control programmes.
- Set specific targets and timelines to achieve production goals, track results, provide feedback, and take corrective actions as appropriate.
- Plan and monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed.
- Decides on and order the resources that are required and ensure stock levels remain adequate.
- Provision of daily report on technical availability of machinery and labour, cracking and crushing of palm kernel, and overall production.
- Drive the implementation of the existing preventive and corrective processes.
- Minimum of BSc / HND in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5years relevant hands-on FMCGplantoperation and maintenance
- Ability to clearly and timely communicate strategy and proffer solution to management and team members
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage multi- levels resource and operations
- Cognate knowledge on production planning and plant management
- Ability to understand basic budget, cost control and project management.
- Good experience in working on and resolving technical issues of palm kernel cracker and crushers.
- Experience in palm kernel processing industry
- Training or relevant exposure in supervision skills, quality assurance systems, environmental and safety regulation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] with the job title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 30th March, 2021