Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated support to HJF Medical Research International, Ltd Gte in support of Nigerian Military HIV program across 33 Military Formations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Admin Specialist / Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: 20BN MRS Serti, Taraba
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Site Team Leader
- Under the supervision of the Site Team Leader, and with technical oversight from Program Staff of the MODHIP / DODWRP-N Program, the Program Administrative Specialist will provide administrative, logistics, technical, and program management support (including financial management) to the HIV/AIDS Programs at Military HIV Care and Treatment facilities.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- The Program Administrative Specialist/M&e Officer will support a wide range of administrative and logistical, data quality and continuous quality improvement activities to ensure uninterrupted delivery of HIV care and treatment services at the facilities.
- He/she will also be responsible for ensuring proper financial management and will support the implementation of site-based work plans/activities. These duties will include:
- Provides direct administrative support on behalf of MODHIP to the Site Commander through the Site Team Leader in the coordination of HIV/AIDS services.
- Informs the Site Team Leader and provides as directed reports on all administrative issues concerning the HIV program at the site to MODHIP, DODWRP-N as approved by Site Team Leader.
- Manages and accounts to MODHIP any funds disbursed directly to the site and ensure that such funds are utilized appropriately for the intended purposes.
Data Quality Management:
- Works closely with NMOD Hospital Medical Records Department and Medical Records Officers for improved data management systems, improved data quality, capacity building and sustainable ownership for the entire hospital services.
- Ensures all HIV-related service delivery data are accurate, relevant, collected and reported in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all HIV-program (aggregate and tracker) data are entered in a timely manner on the Program’s DHIS2 instance
- Working with the Site Team Leader, will ensure that monthly program review/M&E meetings hold at the site prior to submission of monthly program/bi-monthly commodity logistics reports to the Ministry of Defence Health Implementation Program (MODHIP) Liaison Office. The incumbent will ensure that the proper reporting templates are used and properly filled and completed.
- Provides monthly narrative overview of the HIV program site performance in all areas of care to Director, Public Health.
- Assists the Site Team Leader in the management and accountability of site operating funds provided in support of the HIV program.
- Ensures provided funds are utilized appropriately for the intended purposes.
- Retirement of funds disbursed to the site (Reconciles purchases and expenditures and provides receipts) to the MODHIP or DODWRP-N office as directed by the Site Team Leader.
- Receipt of additional funds will be based on accurate reconciliation of the previous month expenditures, including all pertinent receipts and/or justification for the expense.
- Works with the Site Team Leader to identify and forecast unfunded requirements that can be supported through the monthly stipend.
- Identify and develop budgets for any unfunded requirements for the expansion/improvement that can be supported through other stakeholders.
- Works closely with the MODHIP and DODWRP-N Logisticians, Pharmacists, and Laboratory Officers, and other Program Managers to support logistical activities at the site.
- Coordinates with the individuals above to identify and forecast logistical needs in support of the overall HIV care mission at the site.
- Ensure optimal store management.
- Reports all program equipment failures including utilities, immediately to the Site Team Leader and if so directed to MODHIP Liaison Office and DOD-WRPN.
- Confirm the integrity of buffer stock of HIV program consumables.
- Identify and alert the appropriate officer when there is need for an Emergency Order.
- Monitor site activities across all departments and provides periodic updates to the Site Team Leader and when required to the MODHIP DG and the DODWRP-N Director. Updates would include identified problems and recommendations for resolution.
- Assist in strengthening internal ownership and state engagement as well as representing MODHIP management on state, LGA and community issues related to the sites.
Continuous Quality Improvement:
- Works closely with key technical unit heads to obtain information about clinical quality improvement issues that require program/personnel intervention.
- With the approval of the Site Team Leader, provide monthly reports on Continuous Quality Improvement meeting outcomes that require action by management.
Minimum Education/Training Requirement:
- BA, BSc, RN / RM or a Degree in Health related disciplines.
Prior Work Experience:
- 3 years post NYSC, a minimum of 2 years experience in health services management position or similar experience.
- Experience must include planning, organizing, and directing such health services management activities as medical logistics, medical facilities management, medical records management, medical reporting and budget.
Knowledge and skills, person:
- Knowledge of: Health services management; hospital administration and practice; contractual and accounting fundamentals; quality management; human resource management.
- Good computer, financial and accounting skills is necessary.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Level IV fluency in written and oral communication is required.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications especially the use of spreadsheets, word-processing, and some degree of database management.
- The candidate would be required to demonstrate these abilities.
- Candidates must be residents or ready to relocate to Taraba State.
- N150,000 – N160,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter and CV to “The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)” by e-mail to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Kindly attach your Academic and Training Certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in One PDF format, Cover Letter and CV together in One Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview
Application Deadline 1st June, 2022.