Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Assistant
- The Program Assistant (PA) will provide day-to-day support for project and office operations to ensure smooth running of all programmatic functions of the project in the assigned state.
- The Program Assistant will support administrative, financial, logistics and programmatic tasks required for efficient implementation of programs.
- This include but not limited to implementation monitoring, budget tracking, documentation and reporting.
- S/he will support state efforts at ensuring timely completion of program activities in line with budget, scope and budget requirements.
- The Program Assistant will assist in the implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the RISE project being implemented at the state level; this includes assisting with development of work plans, budgets, liaising with GoN stakeholder and implementing partners regarding implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs.
- S/he will support the program officer to ensure that project activities are implemented according to approved implementation plan and accepted Jhpiego methodologies and principles.
- Assist in the development of monthly, quarterly and annual reports as well as human-interest stories, bulletins, factsheets, technical briefs, abstracts and other relevant publication related to the project interventions.
- The PA will work with finance department to arrange logistics for all Program activities and draft correspondence to partners, NGOs and other agencies as requested.
- Coordinate the planning of meetings, workshops, brown bag sessions and ensures that all logistics arrangements are in place while ensuring that meeting notes are taken and disseminated timely to all participants.
- Assist with gathering technical updates for program planning, training, components of evaluations and other studies on related programs.
- Support the program officer and technical teams in capacity development efforts in support of state and IAs’ staff and other partners.
- Work with partners to regularly assess the quality of the relationship, ensuring that effective communication channels are in place, and that any shortcomings are addressed;
- Remain informed on the current programs in the HIV/AIDS and TB fields by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such strategic information for project activities.
- The PA will maintain files and support the dissemination of project information among the project team, schedule and support visitors and meetings.
- S/he will assist with drafting, editing and proofreading of technical materials and appropriate reports of program activities and results for technical leads and supervisors as requested.
- S/he will work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Responsible for the collation, harmonization and regular updates of program management tools such as scorecard, stakeholder’s database, CUG database, adhoc database, facility directory and other tools as maybe be requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Health or related field, or equivalent job experience
- 2 – 3 years of experience in programmatic support of international health projects
- A broad variety of programmatic, administrative, financial, and computer skills (including Word Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access), which may need to be acquired through very quick learning.
- Experience in coordinating USG funded projects and familiarity with international donor policies and administrative procedures
- Proven track record of working with a project team composed of technical experts, program, and finance staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Excellent presentation skills and verbal and written communications skills.
- Fluency in verbal, written and interpersonal communication in English.
- Fluency in any local language in the project State will be an advantage
- Proficiency in writing and editing letters, reports, and documents.
- Previous experience working INGO.
- Proficiency in word processing, Microsoft Office and data software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline 24th February, 2022.