Initiative for the Advancement of Waste Management in Africa (aka W.A.S.T.E Africa) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political, non-religious and voluntary organization formed to be a leading source of innovative solutions and strong advocacy for a sustainable ecosystem of solid waste management; engaging government, commercial and residential stakeholders in Nigeria and the African Continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Associate
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Support to conduct regular analysis of environmental and women issues on inclusive and participatory democracy in line with the WASTE Africa’s thematic priorities;
- Support the development of appropriate strategies for advocacy with prospective partners.
- Pursue alliances, network and collaboration with organizations with similar or complementary thematic focus;
- Represent WASTE Africa at meetings, seminars, co-ordination fora and other events;
- Engage in fundraising through the writing of proposals and organizing other fundraising activities;
- Provide managerial and technical support throughout the implementation of projects;
- Ensures that all participants in our different initiatives are assessed, monitored and provided or referred to services as needed
- Support the development of thematic work output particularly on resource mobilization to support the focus areas are Waste Management; Affordable Energy & Action for Climate Change; Sustainable Cities and Communities; Technology/Innovation; Economic Empowerment/Growth in Nigeria and beyond;
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND qualification with 0 – 2 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Program Associate” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 11th July, 2022.