DFG Relief Initiative is a not-for-profit organization of individual volunteers and staff dedicated to advancing the course of the most marginalized women, girls and youths in communities affected by conflict and other forms of disasters. DFGRF is on a mission to foster, encourage, and promote the social development, empowerment, and well-being of underprivileged individuals, groups, and communities (especially women, girls, and youths), by means of relief aid, education, capacity building, advocacy, and other forms of assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
Key Job Responsibilities
Program Quality and Implementation:
- Oversee and ensure the successful implementation of the program, in adherence with donor requirements;
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of the project against set objectives, targets and work plans;
- Help assess and strengthen partnerships, applying the appropriate application of partnership principles, concepts, tools and approaches;
- Actively support project activities through field visits, surveys and/or exchange of information with partners to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution;
- Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy;
- Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome obstacles;
- Ensure robust financial and monitoring and evaluation systems are in place for high-quality programming.
- Support programming of all activities throughout relevant project cycles – project design, start-up, implementation and close-out – to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with DFGRI program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices;
- Ensure the project utilizes best practices, policies and guidelines consistent with program protocols;
Reporting, Institutional Learning, Documentation and Sharing:
- Compile field-based reports for DFGRI and external donors;
- Identify, document and lead any efforts to document best practices and lessons learned from the project for organizational learning and donors;
- Take the lead in the completion of success stories and case studies – modify as needed based on the intended audience.
Capacity Building and Supervision:
- Support the development of partner capacity building plans and strategies;
- Ensure completion and dissemination of reports/documentation of relevant partnership initiatives in keeping with established requirements;
- Remain current on agency guidelines, learning initiatives and policies related to capacity strengthening;
- Identify and coordinate relevant training events for DFGRI and partner staff to advance knowledge and skills on various programming aspects.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs, and through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources;
Coordination and Representation:
- Ensure effective coordination with DFGRI internal and partners staff and provide frequent feedback and updates.
Key Working Relationships:
- Line report: Deputy Director (Programs)
- Internal: MEAL, Gender, Grant, and Deputy Director (Programs)
- External: Partner staff, relevant stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc, HND or its equivalent in International Development, International Relations, Project Management or related field is required;
- Experience in gender, women and girls related projects would be an advantage;
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Able to communicate in English Language (speaking and written) is mandatory
- Understanding of the local languages would be a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO;
- Project management experience in humanitarian and development interventions
- MEAL skills and knowledge preferred;
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to make sound judgments;
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write reports;
- Proactive, results and service-oriented.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with the ability to make sound judgment;
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities;
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members;
- Knowledge of the local languages would be an added advantage.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% across the various states of intervention.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter in a single document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- DFG Relief Initiative is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disability.
- Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
CV only applications will not be considered.
- The vacancy may close before the deadline
Application Deadline 17th June, 2022.