eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Category: Programs and Impact
Purpose of the position
- The Program Manager oversees the coordination and administration of projects including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
- Other responsibilities include supporting communications activities, attending meetings, and establishing and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders and partner agencies.
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Work closely with the project team, interdepartmental teams, and external vendor(s) and ensure positive relationships are established and maintained.
- Ensure best practices in project management plans and procedures and checklists are maintained.
- Develops and delivers project presentations to diverse audiences as the subject matter expert in their assigned program.
- Prepares correspondence and reports pertaining to the assigned project management
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop, manage and track classic project management deliverables (schedules, budget, scope, change management, status reports, resource allocation plans, risks, issues logs, etc.).
- Will adhere to the eHA Program Management Life Cycle (PMLC) framework and all policy, procedure, guidelines as applicable.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- Writes reports on the program for management and for funders.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field
- Deliver high-quality artifacts and outcome through all phases of PMLC including Envision,
- Serves as the primary contact with partners/clients for all project-related items
- Participates in long- and short-term program development and planning, and the development of new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Provides direct management of division department managers.
- Ensures compliance with legal provisions, organizational policies, and best practices concerning data management, retention, licensing, and security.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- B.Sc and a Master’s Degree in a related field. Professional certification is necessary.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience, at least 2years in a managerial role NGO experience is an added advantage.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making. Training and presentation experience is preferred.
- Must possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting group effort and achievement.
- Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Advanced computer skills, including google drive, Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in the program.
- Adherence to defined policies and procedures, monitor and evaluate direct report
- Ability coordinate and ensure workforce work in line with organizational value and culture to meet goals and perform well in the future
- Strong project management skills, including experience in agile practices and frameworks e.g. Lean, Scrum, Agile PM, and Kanban.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- We believe strongly in our mission and values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
Impact & Quality:
- We push ourselves to maintain high standards ensuring that we produce the most meaningful results in everything we do, no matter how big or small..
Innovative Problem Solving:
- We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We take smart risks and foster an environment where creativity and innovation thrive.
- We are honest and truthful in our work. We always do what is right, even when it is not easy. We put our values into practice and hold each other accountable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as equal distribution across gender will be desired during the recruitment