PYXERA Global envisions a world in which individuals, organizations, and institutions from different points on the globe converge to address complex challenges through sustainable and mutually beneficial efforts. For over a quarter century, PYXERA Global has been working to improve lives and build the capacity of individuals and institutions around the world. Today, our work is guided by our commitment to design and implement solutions that achieve real-world goals through approaches that inspire, enrich, and endure.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Locations: Calabar – Cross River, Benue and Kebbi
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date for this position: 7th June, 2021
Programme: Enterprise and Community Development – West Africa Agriculture Resilience Program (WAFARP)
About the Program
- The West Africa Agriculture Resilience Program (WAFARP) funded by the West Africa Trade and Investment Hub and co-implemented with PYXERA Global’s partner Dantata Foods and Allied Products Limited (DFAP) is a holistic agricultural and community development program designed to mitigate food insecurity experienced by Nigerian smallholder farmers due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- WAFARP aims to contribute to food security among smallholder farming communities in Nigeria’s Cross River, Kebbi, and Benue States by:
- Enhancing efficiency and quality in the food value chain through an integrated agriculture aggregation center system;
- Building farmer capacity through education, training, and certification that will equip farmers with the standards and tools to produce high-quality food crops that command high prices, leading to increased earnings; and
- Creating an inclusive agricultural system that effectively and sustainably engages and generates economic and employment opportunities for women and youth along each link of the rice, maize, and soybean value chains across the three states.
- PYXERA Global seeks a Program Manager to oversee and implement the day-to-day technical, financial, and operational aspects of a complex agricultural and integrated community development program in Nigeria designed to mitigate food insecurity experienced by Nigerian smallholder farmers due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This position prioritizes the skillful exercise of strategic leadership, partnership, technical expertise and assistance, financial management, program management, impact reporting, and market linkage building and strengthening.
- This position requires experience in design, management, and monitoring and evaluation of programs funded by private donors and international companies.
- This position works in close coordination with the Program Lead, Finance Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, and Management and Marketing Manager to develop workplans, update program activity trackers, and support program activity implementation including trainings, equipment procurement and delivery, and community engagement.
- This position will also monitor and supervise all program-related partner and stakeholder activities and ensure that the program complies with all organizational, funder, and partner policies, procedures, and performance reporting requirements.
- The Program Manager will report to PYXERA Global’s Program Lead for the West Africa Agriculture Resilience Program (WAFARP), which falls under the Enterprise and Development Division. This position is based in Nigeria.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects and activities of the program including workplan and budget development, implementation, financial disbursements, personnel coordination, recruiting, and mobilization.
- Serve as the primary technical contact and liaison with the Program Lead; implementing partners, advisors, and consultants; and communities to ensure proper program implementation, monitoring, and coordination of program activities.
- In coordination with the program’s Finance Manager, ensure procurements are completed on time and to PYXERA Global’s, funder’s and partner’s specifications.
- Deliver accurate and timely activity financial reports, including forecasts and cash requirements and budget implications of changes to the program’s scope.
- Monitor and track the implementation, timelines, and budgetary allocations and expenditures of approved activities.
- Support subcontract development, resolve issues, and ensure the timely completion and close-out of activities, in coordination with the program’s Finance, Monitoring & Evaluation, and Management and Marketing Managers.
- Work closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager to ensure that necessary inputs for M&E reports are provided by the program implementing team in a timely manner.
- Provide supplementary and continuous feedback to field program staff to support overall program implementation and partner and stakeholder management.
- Facilitate and coordinate meetings and planning sessions with diverse public, private, and social sector stakeholders.
- Capture and share success stories and lessons learned that strengthen PYXERA Global’s existing and planned programs with partners, current and future clients, and other stakeholders via publications and/or social media.
- Manage agreements and negotiations with potential partners and clients.
- Travel to the field to conduct program audits, lead strategic planning sessions, improve training and service delivery, and monitor progress toward deliverables.
- Maintain close communication and liaise with donors and partners, participating in regular meetings with communities, partners, and the funder to facilitate opportunities for program development and relationship building.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in International Development, Agriculture, Project Management, International Business, or related field.
- Five to seven years of experience designing, managing, and implementing complex, multi-year programs in one or more of the following sectors: agriculture, food security, nutrition, community development, and economic growth.
- Proven experience managing high-quality and accountable programs with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
- Exceptional cross-cultural communication and collaborative skills.
- Strong writing and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% to sites and communities across Nigeria engaged by the program.
- Fluency in English.
- Nigerian national.
- Ability to build effective, credible partnerships and key stakeholder relationships and networks.
- Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of program budget, finance, forecasting, reporting, and impact evaluation procedures; best practices; guidelines; and tools for program and financial management, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Knowledge of and expertise in cooperative and market-based agricultural development, food security, and community resilience approaches.
- Professional experience in the Cross River State, Benue, and Kebbi Regions of Nigeria.
- Reading, writing, and speaking proficiency in one or more West African languages.
- Understanding of and professional relationships with other organizations in West Africa, including interactions with local government bodies.
This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits. Pay range for this position is competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter and salary requirements to: [email protected] using “Program Manager, WAFARP” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 28th May, 2021.