The African Philanthropy Forum (APF) is a strong and vibrant community of partners who, through their strategic giving, investments, and influence, foster shared prosperity on the African continent. Through its resources and high impact convenings across the Continent and beyond, APF raises awareness about the important role that strategic philanthropy can play in society. It is committed to creating an enabling environment to transform the culture of giving on the Continent to the extent that it exceeds development aid by 2030. To date, it has reached approximately 2,500 stakeholders in fourteen African countries including Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
We are currently seeking to engage a dynamic, passionate, result oriented and self-motivated individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment: Full Time
- APF is currently seeking to engage a dynamic, passionate, result oriented and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Program Manager.
- The Program Manager will be responsible for successfully implementing APF’s program strategy for capacity building, learning and community building. These include but are not limited to executing conferences, regional meetings, webinars, APF Systems Change Program and research activities.
- Co-create an annual program strategy for learning and community building, including setting key goals and designing new programs and program series aligned with APF’s strategic objectives.
- Lead the implementation of APF’s program strategy and ensure effective quality assurance and overall integrity of APF programs.
- Assess implementation challenges and develop solutions to address them.
- Leverage APF’s network and subject matter experts to serve as speakers, presenters, and facilitators.
- Maintain APF’s commitment to diversity in its programming.
- Review RFPs and write proposals to potential partners and donors for fundraising purposes.
- Report the progress of programs at regular intervals to the executive team and produce reports for donors and board members.
- Support the development and maintenance of relationships with partners and coalitions.
- Supervise and develop the talents of the Programs Department including Consultants, Program Officers, and Interns.
- Represent APF at meetings, conferences, as appropriate and valuable.
- Provide support for other areas of APF’s work towards achieving its vision.
- Identify and integrate new technology formats and delivery methods into APF programming.
- Actively oversee the marketing and publicity of programs and generate new ideas for improving outreach.
- Determine priorities for assessing programs and APF network, including defining data collection dimensions to be used for tracking, undertaking an assessment of programs to develop a baseline and developing guidelines for program learning outcomes.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or related discipline
- At least 7+ years of related professional experience with increasing leadership responsibility and supervision of colleagues.
- Understanding of the philanthropic landscape across Africa.
- Experience managing fellowship programs.
- Experience overseeing research projects.
- Experience creating targeted outreach and marketing strategies to engage program attendees and ensure good turn-out.
- Ability to speak French is an added advantage.
- Experience working with and managing partners across countries.
- Experience in generating innovative ideas for and planning programmatic content, developing curriculum to achieve learning outcomes, and working with presenters, speakers and facilitators.
- Experience planning, organizing and executing professional events.
Skills & Competences:
- A commitment to the organization’s mission and vision.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative approaches to opportunity development.
- Ability to work in a start-up, fast-paced environment and handle unexpected events.
- Demonstrated skill in coordinating the complex details required to produce content-rich meetings.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work with diverse constituencies, maintain diplomacy, and negotiate successfully.
- Excellent project management expertise, including ability to develop timelines, manage multiple stakeholders, and execute on time.
- Ability to research and synthesize information quickly and apply it to programs.
- Willingness to work on a flexible schedule and travel is critical.
- Commitment to high integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Ability to operate effectively both as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize competing tasks.
- A result-oriented person passionate about making a real impact and change in Africa and naturally driven by that pursuit.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Ability to integrate technology creatively and effectively into program content and into program advertising and evaluation.
- Experience in successfully and sensitively facilitating complicated relationships with high-profile individuals and organizations.
- Experience with evaluation, especially the evaluation of learning outcomes.
- Energetic, proactive approach to work.
- A self-starter who enjoys researching and generating new ideas.
- Exhibits a helpful behaviour beyond strict job requirements.
- A supervisor who enjoys mentoring and developing staff.
- Flexible, positive attitude towards working in a small but growing organization.
- An enterprising attitude that is quick to search out alternative solutions to needs or problems.
- Flexible and able to adjust to shifting priorities and timelines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- All candidates will receive an update regarding their application after the closing date. We advise candidates to add the role email to their safe senders list and regularly check their spam folder.
- Please, consider that all applications for this position will be directly managed by the African Philanthropy Forum.
- Please provide a CV and Cover Letter in two different documents, which should be prepared before applying as they will be considered in the application process.
- The Cover Letter should be no more than two pages long and explain why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
- The documents should be saved in PDF in the following format:
- Your First Name
- Your Last Name
- Document Name
- Date (mmyy)
- APF-Program Manager. For example: Pat JonesCV-052022-APF-Program Manager or Pat Jones-CoverLetter052022-APF-Program Manager
Application Deadline 4th June, 2022.