Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. The AHNi-led ACEBAY project along with the State Primary Health Care Development Agencies (SPHCDA)s in Borno and Yobe States is implementing a result-focused and performance-based COVID-19 intervention to improve access to vaccines in keeping with the One Team, One Budget, and One Plan initiative in Nigeria.
The AHNi-led ACEBAY project is integrating COVID-19 interventions into its implementation in order to provide support for vaccinations in the community to target eligible populations and improve vaccine coverage in keeping with the SCALES strategy in both states.
To this regard, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Job Category: Fixed Term
- The Program Officer will work under the supervision of the Senior Program Advisor to provide programmatic and management support for the efficient implementation of the COVID-19 G-Vax project.
- He/she will coordinate with internal teams and partners to monitor program activities in relation to the workplan and notify the STL of progress towards meeting timelines.
- S/he will be responsible for providing timely weekly and monthly reporting of intervention activities to the State Team Lead.
- The Program Officer will be assigned to tasks related to the implementation of project activities, including coordinating technical assistance, supporting the deployment of assessments and surveys, and organizing workshops and special events.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- B.Sc / B.A in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, or its recognized equivalent with 4-6 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Or M.Sc /M.A in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, or its recognized equivalentwith 3-5 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and database management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview
Application Deadline 29th July, 2022.