Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited (Sahel) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies, and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Locations: Adamawa & Nassarawa
Slots: 2 Openings
Employment Type: Contract
- Under the general supervision of the Programs Lead and M&E Lead, the Program Officer will contribute to activities related to all the components of the ALDDN program.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Project implementation and monitoring
- Team engagement
- Promotion of strategic partnerships
- Public, private, and non-profit sector liaison and co-ordination
- Technical capacity, development, and monitoring
- Assurance of high-quality knowledge and coordination with key stakeholders
Duties and Responsibilities
Implementation of Project Activities and Support of Project Team Members:
- Engage with the ALDDN project team and the processors, state government, implementing partners and community beneficiaries to deliver on project goals
- Actively implement training and project interventions and provide technical guidance and administrative support to project team and other partners
- Facilitate and organize meetings and events regarding project activities including meeting with implementing partners, state governments, potential partners, beneficiaries, and media stations
- Develop a proper archiving system of reporting.
Monitoring of Project Activities and Expected Results:
- Prepare weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly progress report by collating required information / inputs
- Monitor the projects indicators, targets, assumptions, assess the risks, and propose revisions in the action plan when needed
- Submit time sheets to the ALDDN Accounts and Admin office as required.
Coordination of Project Resources:
- Coordinate resources (workforce, time, and inputs) as planned, based on timelines, and schedules
- Use of project budget appropriately for the intended purpose
- Avoid abuse and ensure the efficient use of all project assets including but not limited to vehicles, mobile phones, tablets, and projectors
- Mobilize all members of the workforce at the required time to ensure results are achieved
- Submit operational float reconciliation to the ALDDN Accounts and Admin office as required.
- Knowledge of project cycle management
- Build a strong relationship with implementing partners, clients focused on impacts and results
- Leadership skills- openness to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Demonstrate strong management and coordination skills
- Promote teamwork and building team consensus
- Demonstrate high sense of integrity and excellence
- Ability to implement strategic planning, results-based management, and reporting
- Ability to lead formation, implementation, M&E of projects
- Ability to manage budgets
- Ability to manage results.
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon by the National Team Leader (NTL)
The key results have an impact on the overall performance of ALDDN program and success in the implementation of the project strategies. This will be achieved through:
- Efficient management of the project
- A coordinated and well-managed team (implementing partners, processors, community beneficiaries and others) and resources (financial, human and time)
- Enhanced strategic partnerships and mobilization of resources
- Constant engagement with state government, implementing partners and other key stakeholders including meetings
- Timely and accurate reporting
- Efficient technical supervision, capacity development and monitoring
- Production of high-quality goods and services
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science, Animal Production, Agronomy and Extension or any other related fields
- Minimum of three-years (3) experience in livestock production, animal husbandry management, or any agriculture-related field experience
- Working knowledge of English Language (both written and verbal).
- Result focus and problem-solving skills
- Teamwork and building effective relationships
- Communication and knowledge sharing.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the job title and location as the subject of the mail.
Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications
Application Deadline 28th May, 2021.