Socio-Economic Research and Development Centre (SERDEC) is a non-governmental, non-profit research and development organization that operates to promote social accountability and strengthen democratic governance through civic engagements and advocacy for policy reform and sustainable development.
Application is hereby invited for the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Program Officer will provide technical assistance and support to programs.
- He/She will Prepare, coordinate reviews, edit, and disseminate project-related reports and documents, including program strategies, progress updates, and other documents and reports.
The Program Officer will:
- Collect, complies, and analyzes information relevant to programs while ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs
- Developing and maintaining the data bank and photo gallery of the project activities and carry out administrative duties as assigned by the Project Director.
- Monitors budget for programs with adherence and develop a monitoring system for reviewing project status.
- Develops/Reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related program objectives and deliverables
Qualifications Skills Required
- B.A / B.Sc in Social Science or any other related field.
- Proficiency in writing reports in English and communicating results clearly using graphs, charts, Microsoft and other visuals is desirable
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, willingness to listen, and respect for diversity.
- Must have demonstrable integrity, adherence to accountability, and the ability to work under pressure and produce results.
- Two years of relevant experience working with NGOs
- Strong communications (written, oral, and presentation) skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 5.00pm, 19th March, 2021.