Community Health, Justice and Peace Initiative for Development (JDPH), is a faith based organization working in the Catholic province of Jos, which is comprised of Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Plateau, Taraba and Yobe states of Nigeria. The programme has a mandate of capacity building to promote integral human development and providing services to the JDPCs and all people irrespective of their religion, race or gender in the states mentioned.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Coordinator
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment Category: Full Time
- We are looking for a competent Program Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams and multi-tasking.
- You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties.
- Your goal will be to facilitate the effective management of programs according to the organization’s standard
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support planning and coordination of programs and projects in the organization.
- Ensure implementation of policies and Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
- Keep updated records and create reports.
- Support in the designing and implementation of grant programmes
- Support growth and program development
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions.
- Manage communications through media relations, social media etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
Educational Qualifications / Experience
- University Degree in Social Sciences, and or other relevant fields (Bachelor’s as a minimum);
- Possess at least 3 years of experience in project management, or a senior team lead in the NGO cycle.
- Demonstrable experience in coordinating other assistants;
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing gender disaggregated monitoring tools;
- Proven experience in evidence based monitoring and report writing;
- Strong experience with assessment tools and systems.
- Experience in emergency program design and implementation.
- Experience of coordinating activities across various locations;
- Producing results
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- A good understanding of all the four thematic areas of JDPH
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme
- Builds and promote partnership in organization and beyond
- Well organised and multitasking
- Willing and able to travel all over Nigeria especially organizations project locations.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Team work
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
- Fluency in written and spoken English and a good command of the Hausa language.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter, explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Given the urgency of this vacancy, the position may be filled before the due date
Application Deadline Thursday; 10th February, 2022.