KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria, is a local non-profit public health organization firmly equipped with technical and administrative capacity in providing technical TB support services, strengthening TB services delivery, support health system strengthening and research in Nigeria. Our programs are designed to advance the WHO Global End TB strategy of creating a world free of TB. We employ a systems approach, using data-driven quality improvement methods to identify and address gaps in TB diagnostic and treatment services. Our work to end TB focuses on collaborative planning, design, and implementation, engaging the private sector, strengthening service delivery platforms, community structures and improving the quality of services. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Programme Coordinator
Vacancy Number: KN60
NTBLCP Connectivity Project
- The National Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Buruli Ulcer Control Program (NTBLCP), a division under the department of Public Health, Federal Ministry of Heath is charged with the coordination and implementation of all Tuberculosis, Leprosy and Buruli Ulcer control activities in Nigeria.
- Part of the strategy to ensure improved accountability for identified cases is the innovative connectivity approach using GXAlert/ASPECT. The programme has leverage on this to ensure connectivity of all Xpert/MTB Rif machines in-country which has posed as an advantage for early notification.
- The NTBLCP having received new molecular diagnostic tools (Truenat) plans to extend diagnostic connectivity to these machines with funding from the STOP TB partnership to be implemented in partnership with KNCV and SystemOne , there is need to engage three personnel for improved new tools connectivity coordination.
Purpose of the Position
- The Programme Coordinator will work with and coordinate the implementation of Connectivity Project in Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Cross River, Delta, Lagos, Nasarawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Osun, Oyo, Rivers and Taraba state to deliver on key project objectives. He/she will ensure the implementation of Connectivity project in the 14 states including monitoring progress against planned activities.
- Hierarchically, the Programme Coordinator reports to the Project Lead.
As a Programme Coordinator you will:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Connectivity Project in the focused States.
- Lead efforts in operational plan development, project implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Lead efforts in the engagement of key state level stakeholders, state TB programs, Ministry of health and Local government on the implementation of the Connectivity Project activities.
- Work with the Connectivity Project technical partners and establish a project management platforms project planning, review and monitoring of progress.
- Provide technical support and oversight to State staff on implementing key intervention areas of Connectivity Project in designated states/LGA.
- Monitor & supervise the implementation of project activities in the designated states/LGAs.
- Support rigorous monitoring and a strong focus on evaluation system to track the progress of all activities and outputs.
- Organize and report monthly on the implementation of the project in the states.
- Provide technical assistance on rapid assessments, situational analysis, evaluations and other related activities with focus on Connectivity Project focused States.
- Provide technical guidance on training and capacity building in the focused states in the implementation of Connectivity Project.
- With the assistance of country office staff, monitor all intervention strategies to ensure that they meet administrative, financial and programmatic goals.
- Conduct supervision to designated Connectivity Project focused states/LGA’s.
- Perform other additional duties assigned.
- Minimum of MPH or Master’s Degree in other relevant Public Health disciplines.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working with: TB & HIV program at various levels
- Experience with USAID or UN projects or any development partner is an advantage.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work.
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- A team leader who is results-oriented and can motivate staff.
- Able to delegate tasks.
- Able to communicate within the organization and the partnership network.
- Planning and organizing.
- Culturally sensitive
What Do We Offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) short-term contract with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated.
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, including a Motivation Letter and 3 Professional References which must be indicated on their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- For more information, please contact us via: +234 (0)9030349255 .
- We only consider applications that are received through the KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria recruitment email
Application Deadline 10th June 2022.