The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Policy Officer / Partnership
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Type of Contract: Consultant
Duration: 3 months (July – September 2020)
Unit/Division: Programme/WFP NIGERIA
Justification and Purpose of the Assignment
- WFP Nigeria is currently implementing the CSP activities aiming at saving lives and building communities resilience of the affected people in North East Nigeria. The activities are mainly implemented in partnership with various international and national organizations (I/NGOs) who conduct in-kind and cash distribution, biometric registration of the targeted beneficiaries, monitoring and reporting of activities in various projects sites.
- From June to September 2020 WFP Nigeria is planning to scale-up the operations in WFP operational areas and new locations where the food security situation has deteriorated due to the COVID-19 pandemic and other internal factors. This period also coincides with the preparation of the next cycles of agreements (for 2020-2021), which requires manpower to to reinforce the partnership capacity to deliver as expected.
- The purpose of this assignment among other things is to contribute to the WFP Nigeria programmes scale up to effectively meet food assistance needs of vulnerable people in North East Nigeria and other new locations.
- The staff will particularly support the Partnership unit in handling the projects formulation by partners, agreements processes and implementation, partner reporting and evaluation processes.
The staff will directly report to the Programme officer Partnership under the overall supervision of the Head of Programme. The assigned tasks and expected outcomes as follow:
- Provide guidance on partnership issues and procedures to staff from various units as required
- Follow-up on different tasks jointly implemented by partnership, programme technical teams (General Food Distribution, Livelihoods, Nutrition, VAM, CBT,) and Partners;
- Assist in the finalization of the proposals and budgets review by technical teams in line with the CSP standards
- Follow-up on invoices submission, processing and payments
- Support Cooperating Partners (CP) Performance evaluations and Due Diligence (Capacity assessment)
- Support on organization of the WFP – CP monthly coordination meetings with Cooperating partners; meeting set up and taking minutes of meetings.
- Support Cooperating partners capacity building through refresher trainings and bilateral guidance.
- Consolidate partnership reports and circulate on weekly basis.
- Follow-up on Partnership contractual documentations and approval processes with Technical Review Committee (TRC) and Cooperating Partner Committee (CPC); Compliance and Management.
- Review of FLAs documents, Amendments and Extensions.
- Follow-up on completion of partnership documentation in WINGs (SOAs, POs and SESs).
- Assist in any other business in partnership unit in particular and programme in general.
- Education: Advanced University Degree in Political Science, International affairs, / Humanitarian / Development Studies, Marketing, Public relations or any other relevant areas, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience.
- Experience: At least three (3) years of relevant professional experiences in partnerships management in the humanitarian or development operations.
- Experience in Partnership and FLAs processing
- General knowledge of project/programme systems and standards
- Working knowledge of office applications (word, spreadsheet, power point)
- English proficiency.
- Experience working in collaboration with NGO and Government stakeholders
- Experience in reporting, planning and analysis of programme output and outcome data
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Terms and Conditions
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found
Application Deadline 21st July, 2020.