Multi Aid and Charity Initiative (MACI) is a registered non-governmental and nonprofit organization majorly concerned with improving the health and well-being condition of women and children, advocacy, and Peacebuilding through policies and programs designed, aimed at salvaging the devastating situation caused by the over a decade Boko Haram insurgency. MACI’s humanitarian interest includes; Gender-based Violence, Girl Child Education, Women and Youth, Empowerment, Sexual and Reproductive Health Education, Community Health Education, and Mobilization. MACI has reached over 10,000 vulnerable women and children with life support and life-changing services in northeast Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programs Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The GBV Program Officer provides broad support to the development, implementation, monitoring, and follow-up of MACI’s GBV Program in Borno State.
- The post holder will need to deliver effective, highly competent project support and is expected to consistently deliver in a person-centered environment, which promotes positive relationships.
- The officer must ensure timely and cost-effective implementation of program activities supports the program/project development, as well as report, monitor, and implementation of plans.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of work plans, monitoring plans, and compiling progress reports of the program.
- Based on the work plan, organize training, workshops, and local level events in collaboration with local partners and government stakeholders.
- Ensure the alignment of programming with GBV core elements on prevention and service provision;
- Provide feedback and implement project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs, and ensure activities are delivered on time and as per the planned budget;
- Conduct frequent field visits and monitor project implementation; identify and address implementation challenges in collaboration with the MACI team based in Borno State
- Participate in the design and implementation of assessments and program reviews;
- Contribute in the development of funding applications, project proposals, concept notes, work plans, monitoring plans, and compile progress reports as per MACI and donor requirements in collaboration with implementing partners and program/ communication/finance team
- Undertake any other duties within the post holders’ capabilities as appropriate.
Education and Experience
- University Degree in a related field.
- Good in proposal writing
- Ability to handle heavy workloads and tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good English language writing and speaking skills
- Reports writing skills
- Minimum of 2 years of field experience.
- Documentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent command of computer skills and MS Office.
Required Competencies and Values:
- Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Integrity & transparency
- Managing and sharing knowledge
- Delivering results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter, as a single word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: MACI welcomes applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure.
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2022.