Lange and Grant Commodities Limited – A manufacturing and integrated projects development company with a complete in-house assembling line facility to produce, in a massive scale, large insulated sandwich panels made with polyurethane foam, for commercial projects, low cost housing, using modular building technology and pre-engineered system. These are also essential materials for building low cost industrial estates.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Architect
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are sourcing for a Project Architect who will be responsible for all phases of the architectural/engineering process on projects.
Key Focus Areas
- Mentor lesser experience and/or technical team members
- Applies sound architectural and/or design techniques, methodologies, and principles to project approach
- Works independently on all projects varying in size and scope
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies architectural techniques, procedures, and modifications.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations
- Responsible to develop approaches to achieving specified objectives including the investigation of many variables.
- Responsible to coordinate with outside consultants including engineers.
- Coordinates construction administration with construction managers/administrators and reviews drawings
- Runs and coordinates job meetings assuring that all meeting tasks are assigned and completed
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
- Preparation of cost and quality estimates.
- May be requested to attend networking functions and assist Team Leaders in acquiring new business.
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, and product requirements.
- Performs architectural assignments after receiving general instructions and project scope from the Project Manager.
- Works directly with Project Manager to select and recommend procedures. Develops preliminary designs.
- Must understand all codes and be able to produce a complete set of construction documents including written specifications.
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to use extensive working knowledge of all paperwork procedures necessary to complete the documents necessary for architectural contracts.
- Ability to use working knowledge of all consultant work to maintain efficiencies and meet deadlines.
- Possess an in depth understanding of the basics of most building systems.
- Proficiency in Auto / CAD (Revit/BIM a plus) and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures.
- Develop Preliminary Designs
- Building Codes
- Project Management
- Design and Construction
- Documents Project Management
- Cost, Quality, and Time Estimates
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Architecture, Civil Engineering or Building Technology from an accredited University / Polytechnic.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of architectural or project management experience
- Numbers of change orders due to errors/omissions
- Deadlines Met
- Customer Satisfaction.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 30th July, 2021.