OVH Energy is the company behind the Oando retail brand in Nigeria. We are an indigenous marketer of choice providing trusted petroleum products and services. As a leading indigenous marketer of choice, we provide trusted petroleum products and services in Nigeria. Our expertise spans across the provision of jetty services and the marketing and distribution of refined petroleum products for retail, commercial and industrial purposes.
We provide solutions for a wide range of energy needs through our subsidiaries: OVH Energy Marketing (OVHEM) Limited, licensee of the Oando retail brand and ASPM Limited, custodians of the Lagos Midstream Jetty, also known as West Africa’s First Privately Owned Midstream Jetty.
Through our Oando retail brand, OVH Energy has enriched Nigeria’s downstream sector and established an unparalleled supply footprint, distributing over 1 billion litres of refined petroleum products annually. ASPM Limited is focused on strengthening Nigeria’s downstream value chain through Lagos Midstream Jetty (LMJ).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The position reports to the Head – Retail Engineering and is responsible for the end-to-end coordination of all retail engineering projects across all regions, from design through the execution phase, and all the way to project commissioning / handing over.
- The Project Coordinator is required to plan and supervise project upgrade work, utilizing a dedicated team of contractors, and project managers to deliver projects in conformity with established methods, policies, procedures, standards, and desired metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct site surveys for potential projects.
- Completes feasibility and inspection visits to prospecting retail outlets (NTC) to ascertain the equipment and infrastructural gaps prior to station commissioning.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints for all Projects in the Region.
- Coordinate the regularization of building agency and architectural documentation for retail sites.
- Develop feasibility study, executive summary, concept selection report for proposed projects.
- Develop project charter, project scope of works, work breakdown schedule, project schedule for approved projects
- Prepare technical evaluation reports in line with tender process.
- Prepare project execution plan, Risk Log, Issue Log for projects commencing execution stage
- Compile Project documentation [EHSSQ, Contract BOQs, IFC drawings].
- Coordinate project vendors and OVH internal stakeholders.
- Compile weekly project progress reports [update report, tracking, risk and issue logs].
- Coordinate Project PSUA.
- Participate actively in the design, delivery, and inspection of technical projects or in the engineering work of the unit when required.
- Drive project completion within the engineering unit while adhering to environmental, health and safety provisions.
- Evaluate technical contractor performance following project execution.
- Drive development and staff skill improvement in critical areas via hosting of in-house training.
- Develop and implement procedures and policies for the technical work performed in the engineering unit.
- Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the project team.
- Collaborate with other units in assuring seamless project delivery by eliminating bottlenecks and waste along the value chain.
- Prepare standard and ad-hoc reporting templates for routine and non-routine communication with project stakeholders.
- Report hazards identified in the course of executing job duties.
- Plan and execute process improvement projects within the engineering unit.
- Conduct site visitation during project implementation for quality control purposes.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the project activities and operations of the engineering unit.
- Consult and negotiate with contractors to prepare specifications, explain proposals and present technical engineering evaluation reports and findings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- Competence in use of Microsoft Office.
- Competence in use of Microsoft Project.
- Competence in use of AutoCAD.
- 5 – 8 years of core experience in a similar role (preferably within the oil and gas industry).
- Professional certification in project management.
- Architectural & Engineering Design Interpretation.
- Analytical Thinking
- Leading and Developing Others
- Team Working
- Communicating Effectively
- Relationship-Building for Influence
- Technical Writing
- Value Engineering
- Quality Management
- Vendor Management
- Project Management
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Engineering Knowledge
- Engineering Design
- Healthcare insurance for Staff, spouse, and a maximum of four (4) children
- Generous Employer Pension Contribution
- Group-Life Coverage
- Club Subscription
- Education Grant
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply