Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator – Lafiya Project
Ref Id: sfh-40762
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Conduct advocacy to all stakeholders to ensure buy-in, participation and enabling environment for project implementation.
- Manage and maintain good relations with all stakeholders
- Supervise and coordinate the production of project outputs to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost as outlined in the project proposal and result framework documents
- Oversee and ensure timely submission of the project inception Reports, monthly reports, quarterly reports and annual project report (APR).
- Disseminate project reports and respond to queries from stakeholders.
- Provide project update to the SMoH, FMoH, SFH Management and ensure the fulfilment of donor directives.
- Conduct regular supervisory visits to all participating stakeholders
- Provide overall top-level project support in terms of health systems strengthening, health financing, health management information systems, health sector policy and strategies, working with the private sector, advocacy and accountability and family planning
- Mobilise all project inputs in accordance with procedures and project TOR.
- Supervise, guide and coordinate the work of the project implementation team, all project staff, consultants and activity/sub-project contractors under the project.
- Prepare and revise project work and financial plans.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a first degree and a Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or Health Systems Administration.
- Must be able to supervise and mentor staff and review work papers to ensure that they meet internal quality assurance standards.
- Previous experience in a donor-funded environment or good knowledge of international donor rules and regulations will be an advantage
- Experience working with DFID will be an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in designing and implementing Family Planning and Social Norm changing programmes.
- Demonstrate technical experience in health systems strengthening; health financing; health management information systems, health sector policy and strategies, working with the private sector, advocacy and accountability and family planning.
Skills and competencies:
- High level of integrity
- Knowledge of family planning
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Team-building skills
- Ability to multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advocacy skills
- Project Management and Coordination skills
- Team-building skills
- Relationship Management
Application Deadline 26th June, 2020.