AIDDN is a non-profit Organization and an umbrella body of Parents and Professionals of Children and Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in Nigeria. The Head office of the Association is currently located in Lagos, Nigeria. The association works for the upliftment of Persons with all categories of Intellectual Developmental Disabilities in the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory; Abuja, Nigeria (Project area) by increasing the awareness about the disabilities, influencing government policies and encouraging positive change in behaviour towards individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The association is prospecting a new project ‘Actions for Change’ supported by CBM Global Disability Inclusion (CBM Global) in areas of organization strengthening and the delivery of innovative programme that promotes and protects the rights of Persons with Intellectual disabilities in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Employment Type: Fixed – Full-time
- The organization is currently is in need of a Project Officer to manage its overall operations.
- The Project Officer will be accountable for Actions for Change project management components in line with the CBM Global Programme Quality Framework, and in close collaboration and coordination with the finance team at the project inception phase and beyond. As a member of the AIDDN Programme team, success requires close collaboration with office staff, funders, partners, in-country stakeholders, and member Associations to develop, win support for and ensure effective delivery of projects.
- She / he will support AIDDN towards high standards, in line with set project targets, financial principles and the development and maintenance of effective programme impacts. S/he will promote strong capacity in project management, support proposal development, effective project implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Project Management, International Development or related field, or equivalent experience.
Experience and Knowledge
- Professional experience in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 5 years at Project Officer level.
- Experience and a track record in supporting inclusive development and/or humanitarian projects in collaboration with partners, including consortium projects.
- Experience in supporting fundraising opportunities successfully, including proven experience in proposal development*.
- Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring, and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and budget tracking.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships, particularly with implementing partners and project stakeholders.
- Experience in working with county and national government, as well as other organizations and donors.
Skills / Competencies / Personal Qualities
- Strong skill in advocacy, communications, research, sustaining collaborative relationships with stakeholders, internal and external.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- A self-starter. Proactive, resourceful, a high level of autonomy and entrepreneurial.
- Diligent, persistent with a can-do, positive attitude
- Demonstrated interest in a career within the field of disability inclusion, human rights, and commitment to the mission and vision of AIDDN
- English language proficiency required; proficiency in any of the three major local languages in Nigeria is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to problem-solve and resourcefulness
- Willingness to assume a range of unanticipated tasks and work flexible hours, including some weekends
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office.
- Ability to demonstrate focus, coordination, prioritization skills and decisiveness, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Lived experience of disability and knowledge of disability issues an advantage*
- Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions, and personal backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated project management experience
- A critical understanding of and deep commitment to social justice and human rights issues facing persons with disabilities worldwide English (professional proficiency), and local language (professional proficiency as relevant).Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Primary tasks range from projects and grants management to review and analyse funding requests while actively contributing to the overall growth and strategic development of the association.
- The AIDDN focal person to support implementation of projects in Nigeria
- Ensure multi-stakeholder engagement, including of persons with disabilities in the project cycle
- As directed by the Programme Coordinator, work with stakeholders to ensure effective and timely delivery of projects, in line with required standards, objectives, activity plans and budgets.
- Create connections between grantees and other funders
- Manage and produce program content on website as needed
- Plan and conduct travel and other outreach activities to enhance and sustain existing and future networks with potential grantees Team Leadership
- Work in collaboration with other AIDDN teams, including Awareness creation, Fundraising, Communications, and Finance
- Represent the Grant-making Team at AIDDN Board meetings as necessary
- Contribute to the overall health and growth of the association
- Ensure that all children and adults who come into contact with AIDDN’s programmes, are safeguarded to the greatest extent possible.
- Strengthen AIDDN’s networking with other donors, foundations, women’s and other relevant organizations to develop grant-making and programmatic partnerships and collaborations.
- Support and sustain a high quality and timely documentation culture by AIDDN including implementation data, field stories and photographs, statistics and project narrative and financial reports.
- Advocate, champion, and model disability inclusion to promote inclusion of persons with intellectual disabilities in their communities and in all aspects of society.
- Oversee administrative duties within the programs team including database management and grants administration
- Develop strategic grant-making priorities for a region Communication & Representation
- Represent AIDDN at public events and/or in mass media.
- Plan and conduct travel and other outreach activities to enhance and sustain existing and future networks with potential grantees Advocacy & Alliance Building
- Create connections between issues relevant to PWD human rights defenders (PWDHRDs) and opportunities for AIDDN to leverage its position as a funder in advocacy circles
- Identify communications opportunities and strategies to raise awareness about AIDDN
- Other duties as assigned by the Programme Coordinator and or the Senior Management Team.
Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter, Resume and 1-2 pages writing sample to: [email protected] using “AIDDN PO” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 30th September, 2022.